Looking for an electronics components shop nr Perpignan

Have you used a local company or service in the P-O? Put your recommendations here/Share your good and bad experiences.

Moderator: Moderators

vmaxvmax
Rank 2
Rank 2

Looking for an electronics components shop nr Perpignan

Post by vmaxvmax »

Hi,

Does anybody know if and where there is a shop selling electronic components to the public in the Perpignan area?

Resistors, capacitors, switches - stuff for building circuits.

Thanks in advance.
russell
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by russell »

I haven't found one. I buy on line from these guys http://www.gotronic.fr/ They have a good range of components.

Alternatively, but a bit more expensive, there is http://www.rs-particuliers.com/

Russell.
blackduff
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by blackduff »

Theres a shop on the route de Prade (100#) which is past the clinic St.Pierre. It's next to Mexotic (asia store). They used to sell components but this was afew years back. The store is open though.

In Mas Guerido, check with D&B Media. They might sell what you need. If they don't have what you need, they can possibly send you elsewhere. This store near to the bar Mustache. Good people and qualified.

In Claira there's the Depot Electronics. but I'm not sure if they have what you need.

A few years there was a small place in the Polygone Nord, kinda behind E.LeClerc. I walked for two hours trying to find this again but coudn'tfind it's place-it may be gone.The had what you need.

good luck

Blackduff
FACEBOOK THOUGHTS: Remember that old phrase: if you're not paying for it, you're not the customer; you're the product being sold.
vmaxvmax
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by vmaxvmax »

Thank you both for your help...

Maybe nobody builds/repairs circuits here!

I use online services - there is a plethora of them, but there is no substitute sometimes for going to a shop to see, handle and weigh up goods. Especially mid-project when doing some tweaking or modifying. Waiting a week for post really interferes with the process!

The shop next door to M-Exotic is now a computer shop - it sells computer parts now.

Electro Depot is like a warehouse white goods store.

The place behind LeClerc, is it this: Bardou 256 Rue Louis Delaunay? That's one of the results a Google search brings up. But the street view is of no use.

When I search 'electronique composants, Perignan', It seems that there is no differentiation from computers and white goods! Annoying.

Again, thank you for your help - seems I'll have to keep to the internet...
russell
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by russell »

RS will deliver in just 24 hours if you're in a hurry

What project or projects are you working on?

Russell.
vmaxvmax
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by vmaxvmax »

Whatever I fancy - within my limited and dangerous knowledge of electronics!

I used to build and repair guitars back in the UK - so still have an interest in that sort of stuff.

I've just built an 18 Watt clone of a classic Marshall '60's valve amp. Just tweaking the circuit now to 'hone the tone'.

I also used to play a lot - so now have a small home studio - if you are interested check this link for an example of what I now do to fill time... https://soundcloud.com/vmaxvmax/lane-3

Might be a bit much to swallow for some!
opas
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by opas »

I sent you a PM
-----------------------------------------------
Debeneur.
property management, changeovers, garden maintenance, no job too small. Highchair, travelcot, pram hire.
blackduff
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by blackduff »

When I moved from Cadiz in Spain to the Perpignan region, I thought I had arrived in Heaven. At the Auchan center there was a Radio Shack. I'm not sure what happened but it got zapped and I was back at zero.

I bought an Kawai R 100 but this was somewhere 1986/1978. I was living in Sweden at that time and finding parts/components was impossible. I bought my drum machine in Paris, when I was working in that area and I managed to tweak what I wanted with the machine. I had changed the chips and later in Spain I worked with a Spanish Gypsy drummer. We were trying to adapt old Gypsy beats and put this into different ideas of the music.

I still have the drum machine and hopefully I'll sell this with the rest of my music gear. I only have two guitars left and one still has to be sold.

Have you given a thought about finding a place in Spain. Not sure find much in Figueras or Girona but maybe Barcelona could have some outlets.

I'll pass that address you found in the Polygone Nord. I am almost certain it's gone but sometimes I might just have passed this when I was searching.

Blackduff
FACEBOOK THOUGHTS: Remember that old phrase: if you're not paying for it, you're not the customer; you're the product being sold.
Sue
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Sue »

I dont know if this is of any help because everything you are talking about has gone right over my head!!

http://www.locallife.fr/languedoc-rouss ... niques.asp
Dylan
vmaxvmax
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by vmaxvmax »

blackduff wrote:When I moved from Cadiz in Spain to the Perpignan region, I thought I had arrived in Heaven. At the Auchan center there was a Radio Shack. I'm not sure what happened but it got zapped and I was back at zero.

I bought an Kawai R 100 but this was somewhere 1986/1978. I was living in Sweden at that time and finding parts/components was impossible. I bought my drum machine in Paris, when I was working in that area and I managed to tweak what I wanted with the machine. I had changed the chips and later in Spain I worked with a Spanish Gypsy drummer. We were trying to adapt old Gypsy beats and put this into different ideas of the music.

I still have the drum machine and hopefully I'll sell this with the rest of my music gear. I only have two guitars left and one still has to be sold.

Have you given a thought about finding a place in Spain. Not sure find much in Figueras or Girona but maybe Barcelona could have some outlets.

I'll pass that address you found in the Polygone Nord. I am almost certain it's gone but sometimes I might just have passed this when I was searching.

Blackduff
Why sell musical instruments? Couldn't do it! Maybe fund another - thats about it!
opas
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by opas »

Blackduf, sent you a pm
-----------------------------------------------
Debeneur.
property management, changeovers, garden maintenance, no job too small. Highchair, travelcot, pram hire.
blackduff
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by blackduff »

Opas, I sent a reply to the PM
Blackduff