I need a cooker shipped from the UK to Perpignan.

Have you used a local company or service in the P-O? Put your recommendations here/Share your good and bad experiences.

Moderator: Moderators

frank_penny
Rank 1
Rank 1

I need a cooker shipped from the UK to Perpignan.

Post by frank_penny »

Hello all

I have bought a new cooker (93 kilos, 107x106x70 cm packaged) and wonder if anyone has any recommendations for transport to the P-O from the UK.

Any ideas gratefully accepted.
malcolmcooper
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by malcolmcooper »

I don't know if this will work out to be economical but it's worth looking into. They say they have no weight limit. www.bongous.com

It's an interesting service. I found it when I wanted a pair of shoes from Zappos in the US. They don't ship to the UK but the shoes were a steal. Voila, use Bongo.
Malcolm Cooper

I may disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.
Allan
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Allan »

Bongous looks interesting if you want to shop in the US but for shipping a cooker try a reverse auction site like Shipley.com.

You say what you want to ship, where from and where to. Shippers then make bids for the job.

I've never used them but I know people that have.
Owens88
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Owens88 »

shiply

well worth trying
John
www.Goodviews.co.uk

Vernet Les Bains and East Midlands
66france
Rank 2
Rank 2

shipping from england

Post by 66france »

Try anyvan.com auction site for transport I used them a month ago. If you are not in a rush the price gets lower when they need to fill their van.