Catalan/Spanish/Moroccan Style Furniture

Have you used a local company or service in the P-O? Put your recommendations here/Share your good and bad experiences.

Moderator: Moderators

Vee and Dave
Rank 0
Rank 0

Catalan/Spanish/Moroccan Style Furniture

Post by Vee and Dave »

Does anyone know any good shops for reasonably priced and stylish furniture - probably a trip to Spain I would think but we are relatively new to the region and struggle to find those independent shops we have in the UK.
Also same for old French furniture - the Vide Greniers locally I have been to seem to be mostly clothing and the Brocantes are a ridiculous price. We are trying to furnish our home in France without spending a mortgage to do it.
Thanks for any advice.
Sue
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Sue »

http://www.leboncoin.fr/
You could try the above which sells just about everything secondhand. You could also try the Depot Ventes and Trocs local to you and in Perpignan.
Dylan
Kate
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kate »

Figuères has a few typically Catalan furniture place tho I can't recommend a specific one. Prices have gone up a lot over the past year or so and I no longer find them cheaper than France, tho others may know better as I'm not much of a wanderer around shops.

Price wise But at Porte d'Espagne sometimes have some nice stuff, at OK prices, but it's fairly typical large furniture chain stuff.

Personally, I find the smaller, independent shops few and far between and very highly priced.

Agree with Sue that to do it on the cheap, le bon coin is good and you can find more or less everything.

Hope you find what you're looking for.
Debbie and Noel

Post by Debbie and Noel »

Search depot de vente(for secondhand items) on pages jaunes for Perpignan et agglomeration. Troc de l'ile is the first one listed. There used to be another a few hundred meters away along the Av de Languedoc towards LeClerc.If you click on the map it will show them all in one go.

Total lottery but you never know

Noel
Sue
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Sue »

There is one, I think, to the lefthand side of Babut.
Dylan
Vee and Dave
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Vee and Dave »

Many thanks all.

I already look at leboncoin but not always very much on there. Have bought one thing that way and can only look just before we come out from the UK as not always local to jump on things quickly, unfortunately.

I know there was a Troc in Perprignan, but it has since closed down - will look at the list as seems there may be more.

Shame the French don't adopt ebay in the same way as we do!

For moving large items when bought through leboncoin privately for example, do you know of any man and van transport options locally?

Regards
Vee.
mammadee
Rank 2
Rank 2

Catalan style furniture

Post by mammadee »

Have you tried Meubles de Catalan in Perpignan. Can't remember exactly where they are but the are in Pages Jaunes..

Furniture is good quality, not cheap but you get what you pay for!
CarolineN
Rank 3
Rank 3

furniture

Post by CarolineN »

there are two second hand shops near the airport near the Botanic Garden Centre