Winter Tyres

Have you used a local company or service in the P-O? Put your recommendations here/Share your good and bad experiences.

Moderator: Moderators

steveoliviareid
Rank 1
Rank 1

Winter Tyres

Post by steveoliviareid »

Hi,

Can anyone recommend a good place locally to purchase reasonably priced winter tyres. We are based in Llauro.

Alternatively, do many people here use snow chains instead, we would welcome any advice.

Thanks

Steve
Steve Reid
Kate
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kate »

Le 'usband has just come back from Alessandro (sp?) in Le Boulou (turn left at Intermarché roundabout, then left again instead of right into Intermarché, McDo etc) where he got a quote for winter tyres that was much cheaper than Norauto near Auchan. Careful, there are two tyre places, one has messed up twice for us, and actually lost our safety nut key leading to big probs.
He always uses this Allessandro place, thinks they're good and prices reasonable.
montgolfiere
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by montgolfiere »

i buy on line and get them fitted at their 'local' Partenaire Station de Montage.
PNEU ONLINE, 123Pneu etc....
Debbie and Noel

Post by Debbie and Noel »

We have used Alessandro a couple of times and they were excellent. Sound advice and keen prices. Good quality material too.

Noel
Santiago
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Santiago »

I suppose it depends where you live and which roads you use. I don't fit winter tyres on my X-trail but I would carry chains if I was going skiing for example.
Domaine Treloar - Vineyard and Winery - www.domainetreloar.com - 04 68 95 02 29