Apogee

Have you used a local company or service in the P-O? Put your recommendations here/Share your good and bad experiences.

Moderator: Moderators

Sue
Rank 5
Rank 5

Apogee

Post by Sue »

The firm Apogee is on the Argeles Industrial estate. We have called twice on different days and on different times but both times they have been closed. Does anyone know if this firm is still trading and if so when they open.
Dylan
blackduff
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by blackduff »

Sue
We've been there this week and there wasn't any problem for finding them. Drive over there and there's a small chalet to the left, when you drive into their property.

Apogee might be different from the people at the chalet but I always thoght it's the same people. They live on the road between Argeles to Sorede and I see their horses and donkey when I drive this road.

We dropped off a small item we needed built but they're pretty busy and smaller "jobs" take more time. Give a drive over to their facilities and you're going to find somebody.

Blackduff
FACEBOOK THOUGHTS: Remember that old phrase: if you're not paying for it, you're not the customer; you're the product being sold.
Sue
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Sue »

Thanks Blackduff but we have been to their place on the Industrial estate close to Materiaux. You can see it when travelling along on the Argeles to Perpignan dual carriageway. We have always found the big white gates shut.
Dylan
blackduff
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by blackduff »

Sue
We were there on Thursday about four o'clock in the afternoon. The owner was there in the chalet. I'm not sure which gate I used but this is the road next to Gamm Vert's driveway.

Often the owner drives his van~it's marked "BoisLoiser". Apogee is a newer name but it's the same people, I think.

Depending on what you need fixed, there's another place near to the Carrefour Market-Laroque. This wood guy is across the route national located a few meters off from the round-point. It's across from the bakery. You might find some help there.

Good luck.

Blackduff
FACEBOOK THOUGHTS: Remember that old phrase: if you're not paying for it, you're not the customer; you're the product being sold.
Sue
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Sue »

we are after a wooden pergola Blackduff. We can see one in the Apogee grounds but can never get in to take measurements or get a price. There are 2 large white sliding gates and each time we have been they are closed over.
Dylan
Sue
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Sue »

We have now purchased a pergola from a British company in the south of Spain. The price was around 5 times cheaper (incl delivery) than we could buy locally yet the quality is excellent. It was also made to our specification and not, off the peg! They also make sheds , carports, garages etc etc. Their website is www.woodworksdirect.com for anyone who interested and no I am not on commission!!
Dylan