typical primary school day?

Have you used a local company or service in the P-O? Put your recommendations here/Share your good and bad experiences.

Moderator: Moderators

Teejaykay
Rank 1
Rank 1

typical primary school day?

Post by Teejaykay »

Hello, and a question for anyone who has/had children in primary school in the PO, as we're not there yet...

I know children can come home for lunch -- is it standard, say, 12 noon till 2pm? (We are veg*n so relying on the coming home idea...)

Do they have in-the-day breaks for which they take, say, fruit snacks as they might here in the UK?

Do these things vary from town to town?

Thanks!
tia
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by tia »

hi, my daughter (aged 6)goes primary school. the hours are 9- 12 and 2-5. they are allowed to take a snack for the morning and afternoon break. There is a garderie system which starts at 7.30 am and in the evening until 6.30. In our village both parents have to work to be eligible for school dinners but I'm not sure if this applies to all schools.
Lisa
opas
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by opas »

That is the system in our village too, both parents have to work to be eligible for school lunch, the before and after school is payant though and open to anyone who needs it.
Although the poster did say she wanted her child home for lunch, so no problem for her.
-----------------------------------------------
Debeneur.
property management, changeovers, garden maintenance, no job too small. Highchair, travelcot, pram hire.
tia
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by tia »

also needs pointing out that our new president is looking into changing the hours, days so not sure what it'll be in september.
opas
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by opas »

It was on the regional news today that the Tousaint holidays have been increased by 3 days to a two week break.............I bet the parents are extatic :roll:
-----------------------------------------------
Debeneur.
property management, changeovers, garden maintenance, no job too small. Highchair, travelcot, pram hire.
mrob343
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by mrob343 »

opas wrote:It was on the regional news today that the Tousaint holidays have been increased by 3 days to a two week break.............I bet the parents are extatic :roll:
My daughter's well impressed Opas ! :lol:
The good news for us parents is the "prime de rentrée scolaire" also rises in September too ! :)

http://www.magicmaman.com/,allocation-r ... 134551.asp