car repair garage

Have you used a local company or service in the P-O? Put your recommendations here/Share your good and bad experiences.

Moderator: Moderators

deanofire
Rank 0
Rank 0

car repair garage

Post by deanofire »

hi there
can anyone reccomend a car repair garage (mechanic) in the Ceret area.
i need some work done on my diesel Citroen C3
thanks
Fiona F
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Fiona F »

There is a Citroen dealer in Ceret. We used them this year and they seem to do a good job. I don't think anyone speaks english if you need to explain anything complicated
deanofire
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by deanofire »

hi
thanks for the reply
i know the garage on the main road i just hear horror stories from main dealers regarding charges thats why i wondered if there were any local independant garages.
Dean
Pighunter
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Pighunter »

Can't speak from personal experience but my neighbour tells me that the Citroen garage in Amelie are very good and trustworthy.
Blaze8100

Post by Blaze8100 »

Owning a car is one thing but maintaining it is a totally different ball game.As with all the other expenses of daily life, the costs of car repair are increasingly getting higher.
The only feasible way of keeping tabs on car maintenance expenses is by being able to do the repair tasks yourself.
blackduff
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by blackduff »

deanofire

If you look a bit further, you might have a bigger selection of garagists.

Between Le Boulou and St. Genis you can find a garagist called "Garage Peris". He's quite good and his prices are much cheaper than the concessionaires.

I'm certain there are a few other A-D members use this garage too.

Blackduff
FACEBOOK THOUGHTS: Remember that old phrase: if you're not paying for it, you're not the customer; you're the product being sold.
Robert Ferrieux
Rank 5
Rank 5

Car repairs

Post by Robert Ferrieux »

I never go to the big garages where you pay for the deep sofas, the air conditioning, the coffee and the smart hostesses, and where they make you wait longer than necessary in order to charge you more.
I know an excellent mechanic in Corneilla, halfway between Alenya and Elne, a very pleasant young man, extremely competent, with reasonable prices. Should you want details (name, phone, etc.), please pp me.
RF.
PS.The garage is not easy to find, but I can help (it's only a few kms away from where I live).
nicolaijackson
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by nicolaijackson »

There is no other choice but to fix your car once it breaks down. Some cities have great public transportation systems, but most public transit is less than reputable. That means your vehicle needs to get fixed right away. A cash advance cash advance will help you pay to get the fixes done as quickly as possible, so you don’t have to stress about it another day.
opas
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by opas »

Utter drivel.
-----------------------------------------------
Debeneur.
property management, changeovers, garden maintenance, no job too small. Highchair, travelcot, pram hire.