French lessons

Have you used a local company or service in the P-O? Put your recommendations here/Share your good and bad experiences.

Moderator: Moderators

pausha66
Rank 0
Rank 0

French lessons

Post by pausha66 »

Hello

Could anyone recommend a good French teacher, preferably located in Ceret?

My husband and I just moved to Ceret two weeks ago and we are in a very urgent need of instruction in this beautiful - yet entirely foreign to us - language.

Thank you!
Pausha
aimzpaine
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by aimzpaine »

Hi!

My friends use a lovely lady called Natalie from Ceret. She does group lessons at 'Cafe de France' but also one on one. Her price is quite reasonable.

Bon Courage!!
Kate
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kate »

Also Promolangue in the carpark opposite the boule ground. They have various level lessons and are an association, so not too expensive either.

Most important, find someone that you enjoy learning with. Learning a language can be great fun, something to enjoy and look forward to. As soon as it becomes a chore, we find all kind of excuses not to go!

Comme dit aimzpaine, bon courage, c'est une belle langue à apprendre, mais pas la plus facile au monde! :?
Sue
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Sue »

Je suis d'accord avec Kate, il est tres difficile.
Dylan
Marguerite & Steve
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Marguerite & Steve »

Has anyone ever used Rosetta Stone?
Laugh when you can, apologize when you should, and let go of what you can't change.
Life's too short to be anything... but happy.
Santiago
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Santiago »

No, does she live in Ceret ?

:wink:
Domaine Treloar - Vineyard and Winery - www.domainetreloar.com - 04 68 95 02 29
Sue
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Sue »

No but I have Michelle Thomas CDs
Dylan
Sue
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Sue »

Good one Santiago!
Dylan
Santiago
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Santiago »

Is Michelle Thomas the feminist version?

:mrgreen:

Seriously though, the Michel Thomas CDs are very good for getting the basics under your belt. I actually think they are better than starting directly in a class.
Domaine Treloar - Vineyard and Winery - www.domainetreloar.com - 04 68 95 02 29
opas
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by opas »

Santiago wrote:Is Michelle Thomas the feminist version?

:mrgreen:

Seriously though, the Michel Thomas CDs are very good for getting the basics under your belt. I actually think they are better than starting directly in a class.
LOL
-----------------------------------------------
Debeneur.
property management, changeovers, garden maintenance, no job too small. Highchair, travelcot, pram hire.
Marguerite & Steve
Rank 5
Rank 5

Marguerite & Steve wrote:Has anyone ever used Rosetta Stone?
Santiago wrote:No, does she live in Ceret ?

:wink:

:lol: :lol: I hear she is quite Popular in the PO, you maybe don't need to come across her.. :wink: :wink:
Laugh when you can, apologize when you should, and let go of what you can't change.
Marguerite & Steve
Rank 5
Rank 5

Got the Michel Thomas CD's and they are very good for getting you started, but not sure if it's age or not , but I struggle to retain it in my head...been told "Rosetta Stone" (bless her :wink: ) is very good, and visual as you do it on your Mac/PC (well not literally) Wow this is getting difficult.. :oops:
HH

Post by HH »

Marguerite & Steve wrote:but not sure if it's age or not ,

Marguerite, studies comparing age groups, statistically showed that once you reached middle age, you find it more difficult to assimilate information.
And once you reach retirement age, it is basically impossible to achieve any heightened level.

But this is a Harvard report, following only 20,000 retired persons, so they could well be wrong.
malcolmcooper
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by malcolmcooper »

babbel.com is very good and a LOT cheaper than Rosetta.
Malcolm Cooper

I may disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.
pausha66
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by pausha66 »

Thank you for the recommendations. We do have Michelle Thomas CDs and Rosetta Stone and countless other resources but, unfortunately, we found that neither of them works unless we actually use them :wink:

We hope that having an actual human interaction when it comes to learning will be the motivation we need.
Marguerite & Steve
Rank 5
Rank 5

I have looked at Babbel, and thinking of paying monthly, but with Rosetta Stone, you always have it, but if anyone is selling ,then let me know, can't decide. :roll:
malcolmcooper
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by malcolmcooper »

I think Babbel is quarterly at 30 something euros.
Malcolm Cooper

I may disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.
irishgirl
Rank 0
Rank 0

French lessons

Post by irishgirl »

Hello! :) For those in the Salanque area (Bompas, Pia, Rivesaltes, Saint Estève, Sainte Marie, Torreilles, Villelongue...) who need French individual classes, you might be interested in working with me... I'm a French young woman who has been speaking English for more than 25 years. Please let me know via private messages if you're interested. Talk to you later!