Nefiach is on the map!

Gardening/Walking/Nature trails & wildlife. Share your experiences here...

Moderator: Moderators

Arthur and Lyn
Rank 2
Rank 2

Nefiach is on the map!

Post by Arthur and Lyn »

Yes, we now have a yellow marked walk around the hills at the back of Nefiach. It takes about 2 hours and starts from the mairie. If you are thinking of trying it I suggest you go past the mairie, over the river and park opposite the picnic area. It is well marked and shows different trees and plants. If you wish to walk further let me know, there are also 3hr, 5hr and 7hr circular walks but they are not marked, It is possible to walk to Cassagnes and Belesta using footpaths.
Now is the time to be walking in the hills, have just done a 3 and half hour walk with Millie ( Arthur has just had replacement hip so had to leave him behind!) The flowers and shrubs are amazing, thyme, lavender, wild iris, campion, broom, lots more, well worth the walk.
Roger O
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Roger O »

It's very nice across the river behind Nefiach, one of our favourite walks - but even better if you wait till the well placed "wild" fig trees planted many generations ago in strategic places by the older vigneron generation give up their succulent fruits to refresh you on your way!
I deal in Logic!
"Magic" is applied science far in advance of our current technology.