Do the French just fish for peace and quiet?

Gardening/Walking/Nature trails & wildlife. Share your experiences here...

Moderator: Moderators

Richard and Sharon
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Richard and Sharon »

Depends on the definition of young, despite getting Saga junk mail, I have not much chance of even meeting most peoples definition of a grown up yet, and its probably too late to bother about trying.
As for sport, at least Bridge was rejected. Oh, for the chance to fight a mackerel!
martyn94
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by martyn94 »

Richard and Sharon wrote:Depends on the definition of young, despite getting Saga junk mail, I have not much chance of even meeting most peoples definition of a grown up yet, and its probably too late to bother about trying.
As for sport, at least Bridge was rejected. Oh, for the chance to fight a mackerel!
Getting the welcome email from Saga (or was it so long ago that it was a welcome mailshot?) was one of the less pleasing birthday surprises of the last few decades. It’s not that I make a secret of my age: it’s just that I don’t want anyone to know.
kenny
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by kenny »

Richard and Sharon wrote:Actually, revisiting his web site suggests he may have the answers, if any one has. If, Kenny, you dont mind the company, I would be interested in sharing the cost of a trip.
Have Pmed you
martyn94
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by martyn94 »

Fishing fans might enjoy this, if only to know that they have it easy round here. It’s well worth playing the audio clip. If you don’t know strine, a tinny is a fairly flimsy open-decked boat made out of sheet aluminium.

http://www.smh.com.au/environment/anima ... wf55m.html
Richard and Sharon
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Richard and Sharon »

Occasionally fishing from a kayak, that is a scary story!

If I survived being jumped on by a fish that size in my kayak, there is only one honourable course of action. An image from Hemingways Old Man and the Sea, springs to mind, where he lashes the fish to the side of his boat after the fight because it was too big to get on board.

Earlier, during the fight, he said "Fish, I love you and respect you very much. But I will kill you dead before this day ends" Just as that old Aussie effectively did in the link.

For a brief moment, I almost felt relieved that the fish are so small around here.
martyn94
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by martyn94 »

Webdoc
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Webdoc »

The safest way, apparently, to view sharks is from within a cage. Or not.......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sz4bPQmqUrM

(Watch to the end.)