Buying, selling or renting in the area

Moderator: Moderators

opas
Rank 5
Rank 5

impot sur le revenu

Post by opas »

:lol: :wink:

Well this came today, not as bad as i expected. I think i can afford those new glasses i need.
-----------------------------------------------
Debeneur.
property management, changeovers, garden maintenance, no job too small. Highchair, travelcot, pram hire.
polremy
Rank 5
Rank 5

Re: impot sur le revenu

Post by polremy »

opas wrote::lol: :wink:

Well this came today, not as bad as i expected. I think i can afford those new glasses i need.
oh, no, that means ours must be on its way too!
sue and paul
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by sue and paul »

...and so did we...watch the post folks!!
polremy
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by polremy »

sue and paul wrote:...and so did we...watch the post folks!!
ours came today and we owe them 0euros!!!!

now, this happened last year.

then we got another letter saying we had to pay them some CSG? money - only 77 euros (I think it was for interest from savings which we had also paid tax on already in UK!!!! which we now need to try and get back) but it took me by surprise.

do they send out two separate avis every tax year?
we had a 3 year bond pay out in 2009 and declared that on our last declaration so I presume I should now expect another bill.
russell
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by russell »

polremy wrote: then we got another letter saying we had to pay them some CSG? money - only 77 euros (I think it was for interest from savings which we had also paid tax on already in UK!!!! which we now need to try and get back) but it took me by surprise.
If you are resident and paying impot here you should not pay tax on your savings in the UK. You should contact the company concerned.

As for getting more than one bill, we usually get a demand for payment of our first installment which is an estimate. The properly calculated one arrives later.

Russell.
polremy
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by polremy »

russell wrote:
polremy wrote: then we got another letter saying we had to pay them some CSG? money - only 77 euros (I think it was for interest from savings which we had also paid tax on already in UK!!!! which we now need to try and get back) but it took me by surprise.
If you are resident and paying impot here you should not pay tax on your savings in the UK. You should contact the company concerned.

As for getting more than one bill, we usually get a demand for payment of our first installment which is an estimate. The properly calculated one arrives later.

Russell.
Are you sure?
I was told that we would have to pay CSG (in France) on interest on savings held in UK. But that we can then apply to have this interest paid without any tax deducted in England in future.
russell
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by russell »

That's what I meant. Sorry if I was unclear. You shouldn't pay any tax in the UK.

Russell.
Sue
Rank 5
Rank 5

impot

Post by Sue »

You have to download from the HM Revenue site a form applying to opt out of the English tax system and electing to be taxed here. The form has to be completed in duplicate (1 in English and 1 in French) and then both parts deposited with your tax office (in our case Ceret). It takes a while to be processed (months rather than weeks)!!
Dylan
polremy
Rank 5
Rank 5

Re: impot

Post by polremy »

Sue wrote:You have to download from the HM Revenue site a form applying to opt out of the English tax system and electing to be taxed here. The form has to be completed in duplicate (1 in English and 1 in French) and then both parts deposited with your tax office (in our case Ceret). It takes a while to be processed (months rather than weeks)!!
Yes, I did all that.
Our tax office (Perpignan) have sent me back the French version, all stamped and signed.
I am now trying to establish what happened to the English version.
I've asked England if they have received it - replies take over two weeks from them since they are "currently undergoing a system upgrade"
and the last one said they have received nothing from the French authorities.
I've asked Perpignan if they have sent the English version to England but they haven't replied.
So, it would seem that I keep the French version and keep nagging to get the English version sent to the right people in England.
And, after that, it seems we will only have to wait a few months!
As John would no doubt say "Oh joy!"

The irony is that nobody here in France asked me to fill in any tax forms in the first place and I could left things as they were - vive Status Quo (good band) - but I thought I'd better do the right thing.

The two bills for 2008 is still a bit of a mystery then.
The first one was "Avis d'impot sur les revenus 2008" ( zero euros)
and the subsequent one was "Avis d'Imposition prelevements sociaux" also for 2008. (77 euros)

Ah, well.
Keeps my brain active - sort of.
Sue
Rank 5
Rank 5

impot

Post by Sue »

Well we never received anything back stamped from the French authorities but when I hit the magical 60 at the end of March I had 2 very small private pensions kick in along with the state pension. I was informed by the pension companies (followed up by Inland Revenue about 2 weeks later) that I would pay basic rate tax. I did so for 2 months only to hear further from the pension companies (again followed up about 2 weeks later by Inland Revenue) that my code had changed and would not now be paying any tax. I rang Inland Revenue asking did this mean they had received form from French tax authorities and that I was now in french system to be told yes. This was then followed up with a rebate for the overpayment of tax I had made in 2005 the year we came out here. Seems we are all different but I know someone else whose tax office is Perpignan and they are experiencing similar problems as you. Well done Ceret!!
Dylan