How good is the internet connection

Buying, selling or renting in the area

Moderator: Moderators

Webdoc
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Webdoc »

Someone told me the other day that the English Orange helpline was for technical issues only and not billing enquiries.

I went to the Orange shop in person to arrange installation and, despite my moderate French, it all went very smoothly. It was helped by the fact that I knew how the conversation was going to go: "I need the cheapest package please, yes I know the landline comes included, no I don't want TV or a mobile thank you".
martyn94
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by martyn94 »

Allan
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Allan »

Webdoc wrote:Someone told me the other day that the English Orange helpline was for technical issues only and not billing enquiries.

I went to the Orange shop in person to arrange installation and, despite my moderate French, it all went very smoothly. It was helped by the fact that I knew how the conversation was going to go: "I need the cheapest package please, yes I know the landline comes included, no I don't want TV or a mobile thank you".
As I recall, the line gives you 2 choices, technical and sales.

I haven’t used Orange for some time but as far as the technical side goes, their service was much better than the French helpline.
martyn94
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by martyn94 »

Allan
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Allan »

martyn94
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by martyn94 »

Allan
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Allan »

Corinna
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Corinna »

thanks, guys, this is really great. I appreciate the advice.

We are very aware of the language barrier. I have done it all before as I am not British and know what it means to learn a language so that you can deal with everything life throws at you.

I start with reading children books - possibly on kindle with a translation function and then I'll learn 10 to 20 words by heart every day. That adds up to a few thousand in a year. Then I will watch easy videos/talk shows in French every day and will force my reluctant husband to at least an hour of French conversation every day. Add to this all the interaction witht the French people around you ...eh voila - francais toute suite :D
best,
Corinnna
martyn94
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by martyn94 »

[quote="CorinnaAdd to this all the interaction witht the French people around you ...eh voila - francais toute suite :D[/quote]

But who are all the French people around you going to be at your remote house? I just had cows for 20 years: they were very pretty, but not very talkative.
sue and paul
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by sue and paul »

Corinna wrote:thanks, guys, this is really great. I appreciate the advice.

We are very aware of the language barrier. I have done it all before as I am not British and know what it means to learn a language so that you can deal with everything life throws at you.

I start with reading children books - possibly on kindle with a translation function and then I'll learn 10 to 20 words by heart every day. That adds up to a few thousand in a year. Then I will watch easy videos/talk shows in French every day and will force my reluctant husband to at least an hour of French conversation every day. Add to this all the interaction witht the French people around you ...eh voila - francais toute suite :D
Tout de suite...just being helpful :wink:
martyn94
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by martyn94 »

martyn94
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by martyn94 »