Saint-Estève ?

Buying, selling or renting in the area

Moderator: Moderators

Leok
Rank 2
Rank 2

Saint-Estève ?

Post by Leok »

Can anyone tell me what kind of area Saint-Estève is?
Is it a good neighborhood to stay for a visit to Perpignan?

Tks
martyn94
Rank 5
Rank 5

Re: Saint-Estève ?

Post by martyn94 »

Leok wrote:Can anyone tell me what kind of area Saint-Estève is?

Tks
Your first call is always Wikipedia. E.g. https://fr.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saint-Estève

It seems to be a staid bourgeois place. It's a good sign, in some lights, that they have been fined for not building enough social housing. It shows that they want to keep out funny-coloured people, or just low-life generally.

Though it's always a bad sign when quite a big place has such a thin Wikipedia entry: it suggests that the locals either don't care much about it, or can't use computers. Or, worse, that there's just nothing to say.
Last edited by martyn94 on Thu 08 Jun 2017 15:22, edited 1 time in total.
martyn94
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by martyn94 »

martyn94 wrote:
Leok wrote:Can anyone tell me what kind of area Saint-Estève is?

Tks
Your first call is always Wikipedia. E.g. https://fr.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saint-Estève

It seems to be a staid bourgeois place. It's a good sign, in some lights, that they have been fined for not building enough social housing. It shows that they want to keep out funny-coloured people, or just low-life generally.

Though it's always a bad sign when quite a big place has such a thin Wikipedia entry: it suggests that the locals either don't care much about it, or can't use computers.
Incidentally, the link above is truncated: I don't know why, and I'm too idle to try to correct it, but I've told you enough to find itt.
Kate
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kate »

It's got some really nice parts, and also a few rough bits, but mainly my impression of it is that it's a fairly lively little town, not touristic particularly though it has a lake, with a theatre on the lakeside, and some great walking opportunities around. I think it would be nice for a holiday base, well situated for airport, not too far from beaches or mountains.
Allan
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Allan »

martyn94 wrote: Incidentally, the link above is truncated: I don't know why, and I'm too idle to try to correct it, but I've told you enough to find itt.
Martyn, accented characters are rejected in web addresses by numerous applications, including the software that powers this forum.

As far as Saint-Estève is concerned, it is convenient to Perpignan but not a destination in its own right. It is a 20 minute drive to anywhere else of interest.

So I guess it depends on what you want to do when visiting Perpignan
martyn94
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by martyn94 »

Allan wrote:
martyn94 wrote: Incidentally, the link above is truncated: I don't know why, and I'm too idle to try to correct it, but I've told you enough to find itt.
Martyn, accented characters are rejected in web addresses by numerous applications, including the software that powers this forum.
Thanks. And also "d'oh".