Looking for new home in and around Céret

Buying, selling or renting in the area

Moderator: Moderators

Beyondka
Rank 0
Rank 0

Looking for new home in and around Céret

Post by Beyondka »

Hello, Canadian Mother and daughter looking for a place to rent in and around Céret, for November 1st, 2016. We are looking for a house with a garden, wood heating preferred. , we are currently living in Toulouse which makes for a lot of commutting to find a home. We need to be in the Pyrenees orientales so we are open to housesitting/ exchange until we find our own place. Suggestions, propositions accepted. Ideally 3 bedrooms will accept 2. Much grace. Thank you. Beyondka
Why, sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast." - Lewis Carol
Kate
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kate »

We found our original rental by sending a blanket email to about 50 people on rental sites. As most people don't rent out much out of season, it is better to receive a smaller rent to cover bills etc AND have their houses looked after.

Here are a few past threads that might help.
http://forum.anglophone-direct.com/ftopic15579.php
http://forum.anglophone-direct.com/ftopic15437.php

Best of luck in your searching.
Beyondka
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Beyondka »

Hello Kate, that is a great idea to send blank messages out, thank you. I will definitely look into the links and check out the rental sites. Do you have any good rental sites for the area? Did you contact english and french rental agencies? Thanks again for the info. Bless
Why, sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast." - Lewis Carol
Kate
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kate »

Not blank....blanket!!! lol!! :lol: :lol:
Not sure about rental sites now as this was a long time ago. I know there is holidaylettings.co.uk but I think there are plenty more too.

Worth checking out our FB site group at PO Life or liking our FB page at P-O Life (it's all in the hypen!) where answers might be a bit more instant.
CPB
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by CPB »

Also try places like owners direct and send emails out to people asking if they would consider a winter / long let.