Moderator: Moderators

ssyson
Rank 2
Rank 2

problems with kitchen shop - advice needed

Post by ssyson »

Hi all

Any help would be really appreciated.

Situation - We bought a kitchen from Xxxxxx in Argeles. Couldn't really afford it but decided as we were getting alterations done that we should get a kitchen from the professionals. They came with the builder (who they recommended) and together they measured for the new kitchen. A wall was to be put up and plasterboard facing on another 2 walls.

We decided on the kitchen and it arrived, the new wall was not yet in place and so 2 of the specially made units were not put up.

We told the kitchen shop we would be using our old fridge and they said they had made allowances for this.

When we came to put the fridge in place it became evident that once the new wall was erected we would not be able to open the fridge door.

There first reaction was that we should move the wall, as this was an extension of an existing wall we did not want to do this.

The kitchen needed to be moved 8 cms, as they had a large filler piece this was possible.

After a few discussions and various on site meetings they agreed to come and talk to us about it at the house. My husband said they could talk in the garden as nothing had changed.

Two of the sons of the owner of Xxxxxxx stormed into the house. I followed, suddenly they started taking doors of the kitchen units, these they put in their car. They then came back into the house and removed the 2 units which had not been installed. We have paid all the bill except for the fitting which we believe has been incorrectly done.

We have contacted the police national, the gendarmerie and the public prosecutor all to no avail. I am now left with half a kitchen, old worktops and an old sink and have paid more than 6000 euros. I can't get new ones until the kitchen is in place.

The kitchen was originally ordered in October 2015.

Any help as to what we can do now without spending lots of money on advocats would be appreciated.
opas
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by opas »

Contact the condo matches. You will need to build a dossier. But for now, make contact , they are in Perpignan.
Pm me and I will find the address if you cannot find it in pages jaunes
-----------------------------------------------
Debeneur.
property management, changeovers, garden maintenance, no job too small. Highchair, travelcot, pram hire.
Allan
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Allan »

opas wrote:Contact the condo matches. You will need to build a dossier. But for now, make contact , they are in Perpignan.
Who or what is the condo matches?
martyn94
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by martyn94 »

Allan wrote:
opas wrote:Contact the condo matches. You will need to build a dossier. But for now, make contact , they are in Perpignan.
Who or what is the condo matches?
The same question struck me. The trading standards people in Perpignan are called the DGCCRF - contact details are here

http://www.30millionsdamis.fr/annuaire- ... es-66-563/
Kate
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kate »

Hello
I'm not sure of the legality of naming the business in this public way so have blanked it out for now while I check. However, we will send this thread to the kitchen shop and invite them to respond.
opas
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by opas »

Consomateurs ! Same as trading standards.

First send the company a recoorded letter accuse. And give a reasonable timespan for response.

Flaming auto correct, must check my settings.
-----------------------------------------------
Debeneur.
property management, changeovers, garden maintenance, no job too small. Highchair, travelcot, pram hire.
oulibede
Rank 2
Rank 2

Re: problems with kitchen shop - advice needed

Post by oulibede »

How did you pay for the kitchen? Did you for example use a credit card to pay for any part of the transaction?
ssyson
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by ssyson »

Thanks to all will try the trading standards. Have already contacted Xxxxx to no effect. Will keep you posted on the results
Sue
allencm
Rank 1
Rank 1

Problems with kitchen shop

Post by allencm »

Hello Kate,
Can you tell us if the kitchen shop has replied to you. We are hoping to get a new kitchen and we got a price from a kitchen shop in Argeles so if it's the same one I'd like to know not to use them!!! I hope ssyson gets sorted out.
Thanks in advance.
Kate
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kate »

hi
With respect to ssyson, after a brief tel conversation, they have a very different version/understanding of events (I don't know the rights and wrongs of it and cannot judge) - but their English isn't good enough to put it on forum and they are waiting for me to visit so I can write down what they want to say. Havent had the time yet. :oops: :oops:

Have to say, in their defense, that i know two lots of people who have used this particular company and have been very happy with both them and their prices.....but different people have different expectations, standards of work can differ, workmen can change, characters can clash....so many things can go wrong....and this is not to put down ssyson in any way - I do hope he gets a result, whichever path he takes.