Long term rental required

Buying, selling or renting in the area

Moderator: Moderators

Tim and Anna
Rank 0
Rank 0

Long term rental required

Post by Tim and Anna »

Does anyone have or know of a long term rental property in the Ceret/Alberes area for Anna and me and our two charming cats? We have sold our house near Amersham and we plan to retire to the area which we know quite well. We hope to buy a plot of land and build a house in the Ceret/Maureillas/Llauro triangle but we are very frustrated by the uncertainties surrounding the EU referendum. French owners seem worried that British tenants may do a runner for which reason we are happy to try to reassure nervous landlords by paying 6 months in advance. Our budget is 800-1000 euros pm, possibly more. We can move within 8 weeks and we expect the land purchase and construction project to take 12-18 months. Please help us if you can. Thanks
tim@timcd.com or +44 1494 713794
Tim & Anna Barnsley
Tim is a French-speaking business consultant, Anna a careers adviser. We have been living in Amersham. We love the Ceret area and we want to buy a plot and build a house. WE NEED A RENTAL HOUSE FOR 12-18 MONTHS, BUDGET up to 1000 EUROS. CAN YOU HELP US?
Sus
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Sus »

Hi, I don't know of any house for rent but you could try to contact owners with houses for sale, there is a lot of property on the market that is not selling and some owners might be open to a long term rental.
malcolmcooper
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by malcolmcooper »

Malcolm Cooper

I may disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.
Smith family
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Smith family »

Hello,
I have sent you a private message.
Regards,
Sharon Smith
tia
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by tia »

Hi there, I think you have chosen the wrong time of year to find a rental here. The majority will be seasonal rentals, you will probably have more luck finding something in September till June.
It is not that French owners do not trust you but that you have to have an income in France , which I am guessing you do not have. I would think it is probably the same in the UK . You might find something on www.leboncoin.fr you will need to look at the particulier( private owner) section as agencies are known to have very strict rules for their rentals.
Good luck
martyn94
Rank 5
Rank 5

Re: Long term rental required

Post by martyn94 »

Tim and Anna wrote:Does anyone have or know of a long term rental property in the Ceret/Alberes area for Anna and me and our two charming cats? We have sold our house near Amersham and we plan to retire to the area which we know quite well. We hope to buy a plot of land and build a house in the Ceret/Maureillas/Llauro triangle but we are very frustrated by the uncertainties surrounding the EU referendum. French owners seem worried that British tenants may do a runner for which reason we are happy to try to reassure nervous landlords by paying 6 months in advance. Our budget is 800-1000 euros pm, possibly more. We can move within 8 weeks and we expect the land purchase and construction project to take 12-18 months. Please help us if you can. Thanks
tim@timcd.com or +44 1494 713794
Tim & Anna Barnsley
If you think that you can find and buy the plot of your dreams, get the permissions, get it built, and move in, within 12 months or even 18, I think you are optimistic. Though I am sure it can and has been done.