Moderator: Moderators

martyn94
Rank 5
Rank 5

"Un bijou de charme"

Post by martyn94 »

Not precisely the words that would come to me for this

http://www.paruvendu.fr/immobilier/vent ... r=EPR-1237

but ideal if you are finding your current place a bit tight round the shoulders. Looking through the photos, it seems you get your own chapel. Or perhaps mausoleum: either way, every home should have one. You could perhaps make an offer for chateau Valmy to take your overflow.

Sent to me by a friend in Jamaica, of all places: he evidently isn't finding his academic duties too overpowering.
jethro
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by jethro »

It's nowhere near Argeles, though it is by the same architect as Château Valmy. It's an amazing pile, built for one of his three children by the maker of Job cigarette papers. You won't get much change out of 22000000 euros, if the Sotheby's website is to be believed. Interesting video clip of the pile on that same website.
an' the wun' cried Mary.
Sus
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Sus »

Bijou might also not be my first impression but it is somewhat better than this one… I recently walked the tour de mir by Prats de Mollo which by the way, I highly recommend, it is a beautiful walk and the views from the top are amazing. I also really like Prats, great restaurants and shops, there is also a unique Catalan bookshop, the owner is somewhat unique! Anyway, on the way back down from the tour, just passed the old mas de mir, I saw this castle on the other side of the valley, a sort of odd mix of chateau, Disney and I don’t know what. I asked in the village about it and was told it was for sale and found it at below link… Not only do you get a chapel but also a swan house, and plenty of space to practice your chello…

http://chateau-for-sale-south-of-france.com/