A New Charge ??

Buying, selling or renting in the area

Moderator: Moderators

lonesome paddy
Rank 4
Rank 4

A New Charge ??

Post by lonesome paddy »

A friend of mine is selling his house (principal residence) and returning to the UK but someone told him that if he is leaving France and not buying another property in France, there is some type of charge. I never heard of it unless it is something new. He has owned the house for about 9 years. Would anyone have any idea on this.
martyn94
Rank 5
Rank 5

Re: A New Charge ??

Post by martyn94 »

lonesome paddy wrote:A friend of mine is selling his house (principal residence) and returning to the UK but someone told him that if he is leaving France and not buying another property in France, there is some type of charge. I never heard of it unless it is something new. He has owned the house for about 9 years. Would anyone have any idea on this.
There is a fairly recent "exit charge" on people owning substantial share holdings in closely held companies. Apart from that, I don't know of anything. But why not ask the notaire? You have to pay them in any event.
lonesome paddy
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by lonesome paddy »

To satisfy my curiosity i went into a couple of Immo's myself and they said they had not heard of it