Buying, selling or renting in the area

Moderator: Moderators

thomasv
Rank 0
Rank 0

Family looking for a rental house in or around Elne

Post by thomasv »

Hi fellow P.O. habitants!
The past 10 months we (me, my wife, our 1-year old son and our little Beagle) have been living in Elne. Unfortunately the house we've been renting will be rented out to tourists during summer. Since my wife needs to stay close to Perpignan until she will have finished her studies (February 2016) and since we've found the perfect ‘assistante maternelle’ for our boy here in the village we would like to find a new rental house in Elne for at least 8 months starting from end or mid-June. We’re looking for a house with at least two bedrooms and preferably a small garden. Anyone who has a house for rent in the area? Or anyone who knows someone who might want to rent to us? Any tips are welcome!
PS I have to work in Argeles in summer so we would also consider renting something there for two months and moving back to Elne afterwards.
Kate
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kate »

Might be worth trying these people

Holiday Rental Reservation Service & Property Management - website - email
Phone: 06 10 05 06 90

Villa Living - a professional and personalised approach to property management:
Second Home Management
Holiday Rental & Reservation Services
Relocation Assistance
Tel: (+33) 06 10 05 06 90 or (+44) 20 80 90 86 04
email : bonjour@villa-living.com
www.villa-living.com

Looks like it's mostly holdiay lets but you never know, they might have some clients interested in a long term let.
Bit dicey though over the summer - can't you squat for a couple of months and try and find something from September? Only joking about the squatting but high season, most people are not going to accept a monthly rental when they can get twice as much for one week!

Good luck. Hope you find somewhere just right.
thomasv
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by thomasv »

Thanks Kate! I'll try to contact them. I know, it's the most difficult period to find something of course. But since Elne itself is not very touristic we wanted to give it a try. The problem is I think that we only want a 8-month contract, so houses that are rented unfurnished are not really available to us, French law requires them to be rented out with a normal renting contract. We've got some offers but they are all in or around Laroque, which is a very nice area but not ideally located for us. If only we wouldn't be so attached to our little boy's assistante maternelle here in Elne :) But she's a great woman and we would like for him to stay with her as long as possible...
Jeanne-Marie
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Jeanne-Marie »

We have a villa for rental for winter, longish term. Sleeps up to eight people.just above Ceret. Swimming pool. New panoramic TV etc. You can find us advertised with many firms on the web under 'Villa La Cerisaie' Ceret. With photos on holiday letting, Home Away, and Sunny rentals. We are willing to deal direct with clients as a private negotiation if they wish. Just email us direct. We are conveniently situated for all the region yet offer tranquility and privacy. We can offer what ever clients wish. Contact us again if interested. Rates adjustable. We need to cover for general costs and upkeep but can try to be reasonable. We like to spend winters travelling.
Email: jeanne-david.turner@orange.fr.