Moderator: Moderators

MonsieurFarfelu
Rank 0
Rank 0

Help with a bit of a mystery

Post by MonsieurFarfelu »

Back in November we inquired about this piece of land. Link to leboncoin

http://www.leboncoin.fr/ventes_immobili ... ret=3&sp=1

I got in touch with the agent who send me some more pictures. I then mailed back a list of questions like where was it exactly etc but had no reply. The sent another message via leboncoin and he sent me same info but said it was in commune of Castelnou.

Sent questions again then nothing. Co,ntacted Head Office who forwarded message to him. He then responded asking me to call him. Phoned on a nujmber of occasions but he did not answer.

Left it for a while and then sent new contact using my wifes email. No answer.

Then said this web site did not exist but then found the whole website had been redsigned and was not listed by agent. Sent info to Head Office no reply.

In meantime contact Mairie at Castelnou who came back and said they did not recognise this as being in their commune.

The agent is a Ken Girard of Reseau Expertimo 66. A,nybody able to shed an light or suggestions. This is exactly the piece of land we are looking for and it was only relisted on leboncoin last week. We are planning to come down to the area in June for a good lookabout and would like to find if this exists.

Look forward to any comments

Regards

Mike
tia
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by tia »

Hi, if the mairie do not recognise it then i doubt that it exists. Unfortunately there are many con artists on leboncoin, a lot are for cars that are in another country and the owner has died, bla bla bla. Maybe if you describe what you are looking for and location someone on here might beable to help you .
Santiago
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Santiago »

Not sure what piece of land you are referring to but everything I saw on that page was vastly overpriced. Terrain de Loisir is what it says it is, you can;t build a house on it. It's for keeping animals or having a vegetable plot.

The going price for agricultural land in the PO is between 5000 and 10 000 per hectare. In Banyuls or Collioure it could be pushing 20 000.
Domaine Treloar - Vineyard and Winery - www.domainetreloar.com - 04 68 95 02 29
MonsieurFarfelu
Rank 0
Rank 0

Sorry I thought I pasted the link for the actual item. This should be oit

http://www.leboncoin.fr/ventes_immobili ... tm?ca=13_s

We are looking for a terrain de loisirs as we do not plan to build a house. This particular pice of land like some other does have a cadastre and there are cabins or small buildings. We will use it for our camping car/caravan.
If anyone knows of other such pieces of land I would be grateful as wel are planning to be in the area during late May and all of June searching.
Thanks
tia
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by tia »

It will depend on how long you are planningvto stay on the land, in certain areas camping cars and caravans are not allowed to stay on a plot of land for more than 3 months(or less). Many people have fallen into the the trap of buying a terrain de loisirs thinking they can put what they want on there . Before actually buying i would recommend a trip to the mairie and ask them what you can and cannot do.
MonsieurFarfelu
Rank 0
Rank 0

Thanks. I have read up a great deal about the terrain de loisirs and would not even think about purchasing anything until I have spoken to the mairie. There are quite a number of terrains I have seen in the area that have mobilehomes, cabins, shelters of all sorts with a few even having fosse septiques etc. Some have a six month restriction but others have a registered cadastre allowing all round usage.

The purpose of my post was to try and find out about this specific piece of land and why a national network of immobiliers does not respond to inquiries or if anyone had any specific reports of this person. I would alos be grateful if anyone knows of any of this type of land that may be available
Santiago
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Santiago »

Tia is right.

Pardon me if I'm reading too much between the lines of this question and your previous one about rentals, but one cannot generally live in a caravan on a terrain de loisir. I believe you are allowed to stay in it for up to three months in total in a year.

It happened in my village where a guy turned his cassotte into a little house and lived there. The neighbours complained to the Mairie and he was forced to move out and reduce the building to a temporary shelter.

Many people build little huts with kitchen and even washing facilities but the concept is that of a beach hut. You use them to get out of the sun and for cooking occasional meals. Staying there permanently is very likely to cause problems with the locals.

I also apologize for not answering the original question but I've heard this issue raised by a number of people and thought it would be worth explaining.
Domaine Treloar - Vineyard and Winery - www.domainetreloar.com - 04 68 95 02 29
tia
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by tia »

Hi, will ask around for you , didn't want to offend or anything. Just didn't want you to buy something and then realise that you could not put a caravan, camping car on there. It is not just the english that have problems with this, i have french friends who bought a piece of land in leucate, put a caravan on there and were immediately told to get it off or they would be fined by the day. There was a casotte and a fosse septique on this land so they had assumed there would not be a problem.
MonsieurFarfelu
Rank 0
Rank 0

Thanks. Do appreciate your comments to avoid wnding up in the mire! Will tread cautiously until we find what we are looking for
blackduff
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by blackduff »

I think that there are some new (1~2 years) changes about using a Fosse Septic system. Looks worth into the changes.

Blackduff
FACEBOOK THOUGHTS: Remember that old phrase: if you're not paying for it, you're not the customer; you're the product being sold.
blackduff
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by blackduff »

Here's the info I remembered changes.

http://www.brittany-internet.com/Britta ... fault.aspx

Blackduff
FACEBOOK THOUGHTS: Remember that old phrase: if you're not paying for it, you're not the customer; you're the product being sold.