pool help urgent

Buying, selling or renting in the area

Moderator: Moderators

opas
Rank 5
Rank 5

pool help urgent

Post by opas »

I clean a pool for a client. It has a sand filter.

Everything has gone to plan over the past 6 weeks, the owner showed me all the necessary and said it is an easy pool to maintain and up to today it was.

When I arrived and took the cover off all looked good enough to jump in.

I went into the tech room and the timer was on so pool pump should have been.....I just assumed timer has kicked in during the few minutes it took me to enter the room. Got the gear and walked back to pool. No movement in the water....pump not doing its job.
Back to the tech room .turned off pump and opened the filter with the glass dome, that was clear but what I did notice was it was hot! As were the pipes. Reassembled and switched back on and took another look at pool, still. O movement. The pressure was fine so no back flush needed. I then thought I would see if the have that operate the vac.....no suction.

I have actually come away but left it switched off as I am sure it will burn out if it has not already done so in the few days since the owner returned to UK

Any advice.....?

Unfortunately I have a full weekend with work and that is the reason I went today.
-----------------------------------------------
Debeneur.
property management, changeovers, garden maintenance, no job too small. Highchair, travelcot, pram hire.
ruby
Rank 2
Rank 2

pool

Post by ruby »

Hi Opas

I know the feeling - hot for our type of work too !! ;-)

Did you check the fuse / electricity box - perhaps something caused it to trip?
Sometimes the pump can be opened and there is a fan inside that can be turned --- if not sounds like a new pump is needed - can be a simple job to do - give me a call if you need any help from us

Have a good weekend
x ruby
Ruby

Property Management, Holiday lets & Property Sales in Dept 66
www.lesjoursheureux66.com
opas
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by opas »

The property owner contacted me.He thinks he knows what has happened.The seal on the glass top filter has been giving a few problems......I suppose he hoped that he could sort it on his next visit. He gave me the number of a technician who does his end/start season care. I will phone them tomorrow morning and prey they have a couple of free hours.
Debeneur.
property management, changeovers, garden maintenance, no job too small. Highchair, travelcot, pram hire.
russell
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by russell »

If the pump motor isn't turning it is not the seal on the filter. If there is power getting to the motor and it isn't turning it is either the pump seized or the motor has died. Either way it's a new pump.

Why do these things always happen when least convenient? I've just had to spend a few hours in a shed in the sun replacing the pump for our forage :(

Russell.
opas
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by opas »

Update and thanks for your replies.

The owner asked me too contactGemlo as they insed the pool and do the maintenance. That phone call was Friday evening so as I knew I was busy Saturday I asked my secretary (daughter) :wink: to phone first thing and keep trying till she got an answer, sh he phoned me during a c/o to sy they were not answering.
I had to do a meet and greet in Perpignan that afternoon so decided to pay them a visit at the shop near Auchan. Closed, this is the best bit. They are closed Saturday because they are on summer hours......just when more pools could have problems!

So thinking cap on. Mark of MSB has done some drain clearance for me in the past ....I'll phone him. He was fantastic.Asked me all sorts of questions and was great when I did notunderstand the technical ones but allowed me to explain in Deborah terms :oops:

It was nothing I had done or he could expect me to do and agreed to text me today,hesaid he was busy and so was I.
In between both our work we met at the property. He worked throuvht the possibilities one by one et voila he found it. A loose joint fitting near thhe pump. About 30 mins of process of illimination.

Nice one Mark.
Debeneur.