Code Civil - Boundary rights

Buying, selling or renting in the area

Moderator: Moderators

Nigel Bright
Rank 3
Rank 3

Code Civil - Boundary rights

Post by Nigel Bright »

My house is detached and has pedestrian entrances either side. Both my neighbours houses side walls sit on my boundary line. Both refuse to paint the walls that face my property using the “If you look at it you paint it” theory and by the way you cannot grow any plant up the wall to hide the mess either!
Can anyone advise me if they are within their rights not to paint their walls and what is the minimum distance I can plant or build any thing from their walls? :(
Brighty
tia
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by tia »

I'm going by my experience when we had our house built and would assume it was the same everywhere. When they were built we had to pay half each as the boundary is half on our side half on the neighbours, painting was down to the owner of each side so it would be up to you to paint it not your neighbour. Would not know about plants but would have thought that as long as they do not go on to the neighbours side then there should be no problem. If you live on a lotissement you should have the cahier de charges, this tells you everything you can and cannot do on the property.
hope this helps