Sheltered accommodation in the P-O?

Buying, selling or renting in the area

Moderator: Moderators

Kate
Administrator
Administrator

Sheltered accommodation in the P-O?

Post by Kate »

I have received an phone call from an elderly lady (late 80s) who lives in the region, is on her own with no family, and is looking for some kind of sheltered accommodation. She fell last week, and was on the floor for several hours before she managed to get back up. She speaks French adequately, has the 'beeper' to call in case of emergency but now needs to actually move to somewhere supervised. Thanks for any thoughts, ideas or suggestions? I really was not sure what to advise.
Kate
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kate »

Just bumping this up. Thanks for PM suggestions so far, but husband, who died two years ago, was not a member of the forces, or any association which might be able to help her out, so she is very much on her own.
sue and paul
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by sue and paul »

http://www.senioriales.com/content/seni ... =Le+Boulou

I don't know if this is any use. I think properties are to buy, but there may also be a rental possibility
blackduff
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by blackduff »

There's a building alongside of the Voie Rapide, almost to the Mega Castillet roundabout. It's a taller building and it's lit blue at night. This place is where people can live there and get a size apt. they please. There's doctors, nurses, and things like this so it's setup for people like this woman on this post.

My neighbour thought about moving there but she played piano each day, for many hours and she thought this might work. The price was quite expensive, in my opinion but sometimes care isn't cheap.

I cannot remember the name of this place but I think the name is marked "Blue" in neon at night. I've seen the brochures and it's a nice looking place.

Maybe this might be worthwhile checking more.

Blackduff
FACEBOOK THOUGHTS: Remember that old phrase: if you're not paying for it, you're not the customer; you're the product being sold.
blackduff
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by blackduff »

Okay, here's the site.

Résidence Senior Parc Sud Roussillon, in Saleilles.

They have a good site and it does show what's available. No doctors, it seems but some medical people are available.

http://www.retraite-residence.com/

Blackduff
FACEBOOK THOUGHTS: Remember that old phrase: if you're not paying for it, you're not the customer; you're the product being sold.
Kate
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kate »

Thanks Sue and Blackduff. Will pass both on. Le Boulou is one I looked at initially, but they are just houses and flats for retired people - no help on site or special facilities. Second one is probably more suitable.

Problem really is that I dont actually know this lady and selfishly dont want to get too involved and spend all my days searching for places, which I would then have to organise, then move her.... but so sad to have no-one and there but for the grace of God etc It"s so hard to grow old with no support system around.
blackduff
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by blackduff »

Over the past time I have met women who need a place to live and would be willing to accept being a "partner". This would be something like a au pair but for older women. Currently do not have the women like this but maybe somebody on the forum might come forward.

Of course, the OP has to have housing and a bit of money to offer.

Maybe still return to the UK is good option.

Blackduff
Kate
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kate »

Thanks for that Blackduff. Have suggested this to her but she has noone in the UK and wants to stay here.
Am awaiting details from the Parc Sud Roussillon that you suggested. Thanks everybody for your help and for the kind PMs offerering assistance.
tia
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by tia »

I have a friend who works at the residence in salleilles, if she needs any more info let me know. It's pretty expensive there but is good.
Kate
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kate »

Thanks Lisa. Will pass that on.