Eye laser treatment

Health questions, information, advice, French health system, mutuels....

Moderator: Moderators

Kate
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kate »

First eye done today! Next one next Wed, third one the week after (only joking about the third one!!!)
Am going to write it all up and follow progress over the week for anybody who is interested. Whole thing took about an hour, including preparation and hanging around a bit afterwards. Actual procedure took about five minutes! Totally painless.
At them moment my right eye is blurry and is expected to clear gradually, in up to 60 hours, so I will start a kind of diary on the site and let you know how it goes/feels.
Am over the moon that I may be able to ditch my glasses by next week. Will wait for the proof of the pudding though.
Sue
Rank 5
Rank 5

eye laser

Post by Sue »

Well done Kate you are a braver person than me by far. Hope all goes well.
Dylan
sue and paul
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by sue and paul »

Sue, you and me must be the same person, 'cos I was just going to say that!

Well done Kate. You are a braver person than me by far. Hope all goes well. :D

I was in Merrye England about 2 weeks ago, had my eyetest done (first one in over 5 years!) at Specsavers, chose my lenses and specs, had them fitted, and had them posted here for an extra fiver. They arrived in about 10 days and fit like a pair of specs (makes more sense than fitting like a glove). I'm very pleased. Mind you, I still look like an old hag :lol:
blackduff
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by blackduff »

Kate
You won't be a Coopers for the meeting of the Survive France group? Or, maybe we cannot see you anymore.

Good job Kate ~ Oh, one question-do you think that my French driver's license can be changed to "no correction needed"? FAT CHANCE!

Blackduff
FACEBOOK THOUGHTS: Remember that old phrase: if you're not paying for it, you're not the customer; you're the product being sold.
opas
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by opas »

brave girl!

Of course she will be at coopers in the morning....................with her hat for a whip round :wink: add a bit for me too, I may be next :shock:
-----------------------------------------------
Debeneur.
property management, changeovers, garden maintenance, no job too small. Highchair, travelcot, pram hire.
sue and paul
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by sue and paul »

Quote..."Mind you, I still look like an old hag :lol: "

Aw, I was hoping someone would have contradicted me by now....
Kate
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kate »

You always look beautiful to me :wink:
However, that could change once I get my new eyes working!
sue and paul
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by sue and paul »

:lol:
Marguerite & Steve
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Marguerite & Steve »

sue and paul wrote:Quote..."Mind you, I still look like an old hag :lol: "

Aw, I was hoping someone would have contradicted me by now....

You wasn't an old hag to start with.... :lol: :lol:
Laugh when you can, apologize when you should, and let go of what you can't change.
Life's too short to be anything... but happy.
Marguerite & Steve
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Marguerite & Steve »

Kate wrote:First eye done today! Next one next Wed, third one the week after (only joking about the third one!!!)
Am going to write it all up and follow progress over the week for anybody who is interested. Whole thing took about an hour, including preparation and hanging around a bit afterwards. Actual procedure took about five minutes! Totally painless.
At them moment my right eye is blurry and is expected to clear gradually, in up to 60 hours, so I will start a kind of diary on the site and let you know how it goes/feels.
Am over the moon that I may be able to ditch my glasses by next week. Will wait for the proof of the pudding though.

You better still look 50 something :wink: otherwise I am going to have to have something done... :roll:

Well Done xx
Laugh when you can, apologize when you should, and let go of what you can't change.
Life's too short to be anything... but happy.
Kate
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kate »

Well, it hasn't actually changed the way I look unfortunately.
For the next one, I'm going to ask him if he can do something for the eye bags and pull up the saggy chins - I know he's not a plastic surgeon but I'll take the risk :lol: :lol: