Any Yoga classes near Ille Sur Tet or Estagel ?

Health questions, information, advice, French health system, mutuels....

Moderator: Moderators

LadyBass
Rank 2
Rank 2

Any Yoga classes near Ille Sur Tet or Estagel ?

Post by LadyBass »

Just wondered if any one knows of any Yoga classes near Ille sur Tet, or Estagel ?

I am in Cassagnes 66720 but will happily travel 10 miles.

If not Yoga then keep fit / dance classes, I need to work off some of this great French food and make some friends now that the weather is starting to cool down.. any suggestions?

Thankyou
:lol:
It's not a rehearsal....
opas
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by opas »

Go to Ille sur tet, next to the post office there is a tourist office , there are lots of things advertised in there. Or go to your mairie and look on the info board, most smallvillages run a yoga / keep fit class during the day and in the evenings, we are a population of just over 500 people and have keep fit and yoga in the evening, the same suring the day along with bingo, sewing and cross stitch to name a few.
-----------------------------------------------
Debeneur.
property management, changeovers, garden maintenance, no job too small. Highchair, travelcot, pram hire.
LadyBass
Rank 2
Rank 2

Thanks

Post by LadyBass »

Yes I know the tourist info place well.

Just thought someone might be able to suggest one from personal experience.

Will look in my own village as you suggest but we are 200 souls so may have to go to Ille or Estagel

Cheers
It's not a rehearsal....
russell
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by russell »

Bit further afield but there is a yoga club in Millas - contact 04 68 38 71 79. Christèle Tournaire.

I am surprised that nobody has come up with one in Ille though.

Russell.
LadyBass
Rank 2
Rank 2

Thanks Russell

Post by LadyBass »

Thanks Russell

willinvestigate more after our daughter goes home tomorrow. Millas is not so fat if nothing in Ille or Estagel.

I may be busy reading ofcourse !

Cheers
Dulcie
:-)
It's not a rehearsal....
Kate
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kate »

Kate Marney - Radiant light yoga
8 Route de Catllar, Eus 66500 - Phone: 04 68 05 77 4
I am a qualified yoga teacher and offer regular weekly classes Tues 2.30p.m. in my purpose built yoga studio. I am also running day and weekend workshops over the next year. The yoga is my own unique mix of various strands of yoga combining gentle flowing movement with breath and is easily assessable for most people.
During next summer I will also be running 7 day transformational retreats with my husband Robert and 4 days of relaxation, yoga, walking, destressing and unwinding! More information on our website.

How about this Dulcie, in the health section of the main site directory? Think that's up your way.
LadyBass
Rank 2
Rank 2

Yoga search..

Post by LadyBass »

Thanks Kate,

will have a look. I clearly haven't checked out the site properly !

Sounds very esoteric but will keep an open mind...

Just want to get some weight off and make some new friends....

Hehehe
:wink:
It's not a rehearsal....
Roger O
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Roger O »

Found this:
Physik-fit
2 Bis rte Corbère
66130 Ille Sur Tet
Tel: 0899230026* (1.34E+0.34E/Mn)
Fax: 0468842194

though it seems strange to have an 08 number!!
Have you asked at the mairie??

(We here in Palaja - a village of about 2500 people have an excellent yoga club with about 60 members,
so it seems strange that a town the size of Ille may not have one!)
I deal in Logic!
"Magic" is applied science far in advance of our current technology.
russell
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by russell »

Was in Ille yesterday and spotted this:

Club Yoga
M. JAMME Michele
04 68 84 16 08

Russell.
LadyBass
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by LadyBass »

Opas, Russell, Kate and Roger thank you very much for the help I will call them and get my self bendy in no time.

Dulcie

:lol:
It's not a rehearsal....
LadyBass
Rank 2
Rank 2

Yoga/ Keep Fit in Cassagnes

Post by LadyBass »

Just to update anyone who may be interested Ruby and I are starting our own FREE Yoga / Keep Fit group in Cassagnes in the next week or so.

Will update days and times but open to all who are game for a laugh and some fitness :wink:
It's not a rehearsal....
Kate
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kate »

Brilliant idea. Send me dates times and details once you have it organised and I'll put it on the main site and send it out in the newsletter!
russell
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by russell »

Are you teaching? Have you checked that your qualifications are valid in France? If you want to use a public building for the classes the Mairie will ask for your insurance.

Russell.
LadyBass
Rank 2
Rank 2

Yoga / Keep fit club

Post by LadyBass »

Hehehe no not teaching Russell, although I am a qualified teacher and used to teach English & PE also primary school for a while, so my UK quals would work with NARIC etc

However this is a club for us to do whatever the group decide. Will ofcourse make sure we have the correct permissions.

:)
It's not a rehearsal....
russell
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by russell »

I mentioned it because, before moving here, I used to run an Aikido club. I have a black belt 4th Dan, a coaching certificate, and over twenty years experience teaching Aikido.

When I moved here I thought about starting a club here and was told I would need a Brevet d'Association to teach unpaid or a Brevet d'Etat if I wanted payment. At the time my French was not up to taking the exams so I gave up the idea.

Russell.
LadyBass
Rank 2
Rank 2

Yoga / Keep fit Group

Post by LadyBass »

Thanks Kate better make sure we are legal etc but that will be great if we ever do anything more than laugh and roll around the floor !

What a shame Russell.

Think we may just become a social group if that is the case and who knows we may just end up dancing and doing unusual poses in the Salle de Fetes !

:wink:
It's not a rehearsal....