Warfarin and blood tests

Health questions, information, advice, French health system, mutuels....

Moderator: Moderators

susie
Rank 2
Rank 2

Warfarin and blood tests

Post by susie »

A friend of mine is over here for three weeks. In the UK she's been having regular blood tests for her Warfarin dosage, which is then adjusted accordingly.

The clinic has advised her to get a test done in France and phone over the levels, so they can check there's nothing needs adjusting while she's here.

Has anyone elsse gone through this or have any advice as to how she should go about this? Not sure if just turning up at a GP (she doesn't have a registered GP in France) is OK?

Any advice much appreciated.

Thanks
Susie
blackduff
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by blackduff »

Susie
You can have this test done in Argeles. It's on the same street as La Noisette. Here's the name of the place.

Pierre Dupré
4, rue Victor-Hugo
66700 Argeles-Sur-Mer
04 68 81 46 23

Normally you would need a doctor's prescription but if you talk to them, it might be possible. I've used them for over ten years and they're good.

I'm not sure who speaks in the lab but the owners wife can speak English.

I am checked with Previscan, which is similar to the Warfin you want to check. The test would be called "Taux De Prothrombine"

Hope that this helps.

Blackduff
FACEBOOK THOUGHTS: Remember that old phrase: if you're not paying for it, you're not the customer; you're the product being sold.
Sue
Rank 5
Rank 5

bloodtest

Post by Sue »

I have this same test done on a monthly basis, so when we had a friend staying who required the same, I just took him along to our own Dr., Dr. Sautai, explained the situation he took his usual fee and issued a prescription. I then took our friend along to the Lab I use which is the one next to Flowers (opposite the Citroen garage) in Argeles. I think the Lab charge something like 10€ and it is available for collection the same day at around 5 pm.
Dylan
susie
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by susie »

Many thanks for this information. I'll pass it on. You've both been very helpful.

Cheers
Susie