CPAM Perpignan

Health questions, information, advice, French health system, mutuels....

Moderator: Moderators

carol sheridan
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by carol sheridan »

Serge wrote:What else did you expect? - the treatment was carried out in France and you paid for it in euros......
Is there some point to your post?
Serge

Post by Serge »

Sorry, I thought it was obvious ...........

"but they will (of course) charge a fee."

Unlike the winter fuel payment, not every financial transaction is free, you surely cannot expect to pay a euro cheque into a sterling account and not have to pay for it's clearing and conversion.

I hope this clears up any misunderstanding .........
sue and paul
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by sue and paul »

Serge, I think you've gone for the jugular a bit hastily there. All Carol meant, I believe, is that she is surprised that you can even pay a € cheque into a £ account. No need for the scorn.
carol sheridan
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by carol sheridan »

Thank you, Sue and Paul. I did not say that I did not expect the bank to charge a fee.
Serge, right now, I am desperately worried about my daughter's health and I am dreading having to leave France. I really could do without your totally uncalled for sniping.
Santiago
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Santiago »

I don't understand why they sent a € cheque. Normally she should have received a Sterling cheque. You could try and get it reversed but it would probably be better to live with the financial charge and get the cash.

When we first moved here we processed all our medical bills through CPAM under the E111 agreement. Eventually they sent us sterling cheques in our childrens names. By the time we convinced a UK bank to take them and pay them into our accounts, the cheques were refused by CPAM for being out of date. I think in the end we just gave up - which I guess was their aim from the start. :(
sue and paul
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by sue and paul »

I spent 5 days in hospital (St Jean) in January, en urgences.

Although ill, I still had to do a small trek outside to the finance office before admission, to sort out my Carte Vitale and Complémentaire details - both of which I had with me. After some sorting out of some inexplicable irregularities, I was admitted with my sheet of 'etiquettes' - bar-code stickers to put on my dossier.

I was surprised yesterday to receive an account for €80 for my daily costs - I thought this would have been automatically taken on by my complémentaire. I think I must pay it, then claim back from insurance.

I'm not asking a question really, just for information. It could happen to you.
carol sheridan
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by carol sheridan »

I haven't seen the cheque, and given Elaine's current mental state, she might have got it wrong. I will deal with it when I get there in two weeks.
Of course, we are perfectly willing to pay any charge the bank might make. I really don't want to get embroiled with CPAM Perpignan EVER again.
sue and paul
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by sue and paul »

"I really don't want to get embroiled with CPAM Perpignan EVER again."

Thanks Carol, I'll have that as my epitaph!! :lol:

Unfortunately...till then...
carol sheridan
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by carol sheridan »

Sorry! I didn't mean to turn the knife!
I just spoke to Elaine - it is euros, but then she will gain from the exchange rate, so it is not all bad news!
I did read somewhere that the procedure was for them to transfer the money to your UK bank account, which is why I had to send them all the details. Still, we did get there in the end.
M. Beisser is obviously the right chap to contact.
Roger O
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Roger O »

carol sheridan wrote:M. Beisser is obviously the right chap to contact.
With a name like that he must be of German origin - and therefore efficient
(even if watered down a little by integration into the local way of life?)

Beisser = Biter (as in biter of bullets!)
carol sheridan
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by carol sheridan »

Roger, I have not lived in Germany or Switzerland (worse luck - beautiful mountains). Are they really efficient, or is it another myth, like Italians being good lovers?
I lived in Brussels for a year, but thankfully I was smashed most of the time - lots of champagne and clubbing - because I found the countryside and architecture very dull. And the two Flemish men I went out with were very, very mean - they weren't the ones plying me with champagne. However, I hasten to add that I am sure I just was unlucky and most Flemish men are sparkling company and very generous.
thumbelina
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by thumbelina »

Hey no, Carol, I think you're right regarding Flemish men, but wrong regarding Italian :lol: :lol: :lol: :wink:

And I can't think of a better way of enduring a year in Belgium! lol
carol sheridan
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by carol sheridan »

Come to think of it, I did meet some very nice Italian men when I lived in Monaco..........and English.............and American................and French...........and Turkish..............and Dutch..........and South African.
Ah, those were the days, my friends. It makes me feel quite tired just remembering it - how on earth did I go out dancing till 4 am. nearly every night of the week and still get to work for 9 a.m. and manage to keep my old millionaire employer happy? I wasn't even in the first flush of youth - I was 39 when I went out there.
thumbelina
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by thumbelina »

It's amazing what we can do when we put our minds to it :wink: :lol:
Roger O
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Roger O »

Carol - sounds as if you were a bit of a tearaway in your younger days!!
Ah well, I was 42 and Annaïck 22 when we met in 1980 and the world was
our personal oyster for 10 years till we got "serious" and Alizée arrived!!
It still is - but slightly more "responsibly"..
carol sheridan
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by carol sheridan »

Can't deny it, Roger. Having been married at 18 to a very controlling man, I got divorced at 39 and moved to Monte Carlo with my daughters. I think I was a lot less responsible than they were. And 'je ne regrette rien'.
Sav
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Sav »

Yep myth ;)

Cheers Sav :)