Health question...

Health questions, information, advice, French health system, mutuels....

Moderator: Moderators

Neil & Sue
Rank 1
Rank 1

Health question...

Post by Neil & Sue »

.....and apologies I am sure this will have been asked before.

So we're coming to live in the PO this summer and will be covered by our E106 for a couple of years (with top ups of course). We wont be working so I am assuming we wont be issued with a Carte Vitale but rather have to use the "feuille de soins" system. Is this correct?

If so, does anyone have experience of this system e.g. is it difficult?!

Many thanks

Neil & Sue
john
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by john »

I think that the answer to this rather depends on how old you are,N and S. As you are no doubt aware,recently there have been changes in entitlements to French Healthcare for those under state retirement age (in the UK) who are not working.

Basically,as you were not permanently resident before the magic cut off date of Nov 22 2007,unless either Neil is 65 or Sue is 60,you will not be entitled to French Healthcare after your E106 runs out. My understanding of the current situation is that during the period of validity of the E106,you are entitled to a CV (we certainly got one),but of course this may have changed. If either of you are "pensioners" then you're entitled to one ,whatever.Best to check with the CPAM in Perpignan.
Neil & Sue
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Neil & Sue »

Thanks John

We're only in our 30's so not eligible for those retirement benefits yet. Yep aware of the position once the E106 runs out etc, but was just wondering about the interim position.

Will check out it out at the Perpignan CPAM then - I see you are in Ceret :(we're further up in Corsavy) so I am guessing this is the nearest one to us.

Out of interest - do you if there is an office in Ceret where we can commence our car import process or is that another visit to Perpignan?
Thanks
N&S
john
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by john »

Again,it all depends what paperwork you have. If you've got the Certificate of Conformity (in French) for the car,the Sous Prefecture in Ceret will be able to do everything for you. If not,it'll require a trip to DRIRE in Perps.

There is a permanence for the CPAM in Ceret M W Fr afternoons 2-5 pm,but they are about as much use as a chocolate fireguard,and,in the end it's easier to go to Perps. There are two sites,and the month of your birth determines which you go to. There is a woman named Mme Marquet who is in charge of "Relations Internationales" there. Her phone no is

04 68 51 59 30
Neil & Sue
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Neil & Sue »

Brilliant - Many thanks for that John

Only have the Certificate in English so looks like another trip to Perpignan

N&S
Admin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Admin »

You can also ring Hortense, English speaker, who works for AGF Insurance in Céret and she is happy to help out in arranging/explaining what to do. Tel number 06.43.80.73.51 or mail 4006701@agents.agf.fr
carol sheridan
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by carol sheridan »

Neil and Sue,
Your are going to be living in my favourite village - I have never seen a house for sale there! The views are absolutely magnificent and I have twice made it right 'over the top' to Valmanya, but it is a very difficult, unmade road, more suitable for a 4 x 4 than my little Nissan Micra!
Lots of luck in your move.
Carol
Neil & Sue
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Neil & Sue »

Thanks Kate I will call her.

Hi Carol - yes it is beautiful isnt it cant wait to get there - loads of great walks just on the doorstep. Luckily the car we are importing is a 4x4 - we've driven round the area a fair bit and quite often come to the end of tarmac and the road continuing down an interesting route but not wanting to risk the hire car going any further!

I am sure the move will go well - just feels like there is so much to do at the moment I must remember that I wont have to go to work every day when I get there unlike now!

Will keep an eye out for your Micra!

N&S
john
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by john »

Don't forget to sort out your Certificate of Export from DVLA in good time. Ours took ages.
Neil & Sue
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Neil & Sue »

Hi John - did you send off the Notification of Permanent Export from your V5 before you left for France or after you arrived? How long did it take for the DVLA to then send you the Certificate of Export or is there seomthing else you have to do in order to secure this?

Thanks
Neil (I am staying away from abbreviations for a while!)
john
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by john »

Before we left Neil. Mind you we did not actually need the vehicle in the UK for a few weeks before we finally left,so we were able to take it off the road to comply with the regs. If that is not the case with you,then things might be different.

As for how long...well,I've forgotten the exact figure,but they did manage to cock it up ,big style,in Swansea,and in the end it required a visit to my local DVLA office in Norwich to sort the mess out. Several weeks,in the end.