Carte Vitale

Health questions, information, advice, French health system, mutuels....

Moderator: Moderators

David G
Rank 0
Rank 0

Carte Vitale

Post by David G »

boo hoo boo hoo. My Carte Vitale has been stopped, I have had a "fin de driots" lettre from CPAM In Perps. thing is it had an "IRIS Impression FSE" attached to it. What am I supposed to do with that. The letter said my trip to GP was not going to be reimbursed and I need an E121 to get treatment. As I am not 60 or in receipt of a pension, I do not quality for an E121. Two questions: 1. how do I get the equivalent French E111 to cover me for medical when I am in Spain or the UK as my UK E111 expired in January this year. We are resident in France now. We have a mutuelle which covered what the state did not pay. Presumably we have to top that up to 100% to cover everything. question 2. what the heck is an IRIS. Any help would be appreciated. ta ps has anyone had the plague recently? It has taken me 2 lots of anti biotics, one course of steriods and 3 x rays to get over it. still coughing now after 4 weeks!
St Laurent de Cerdans(Home)/Warrington UK.
Marguerite & Steve
Rank 5
Rank 5

Re: Carte Vitale

Post by Marguerite & Steve »

David & Kate wrote:ps has anyone had the plague recently? It has taken me 2 lots of anti biotics, one course of steriods and 3 x rays to get over it. still coughing now after 4 weeks!

Kate...my sister had the same thing about a month ago after suffering for 7 weeks, she had also pulled muscles in her chest due to coughing, she is having another xray in 2 weeks to check it has cleared, she has had 3 lots of antibiotics going up in strength each time. Hope you feel better soon.
PaddyFrog
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by PaddyFrog »

David & Kate wrote:how do I get the equivalent French E111 to cover me for medical when I am in Spain or the UK as my UK E111 expired in January this year.
You Don't get it from France, As you are under State Retirement Age the UK is responsible for you.

Use this link to apply on line for your European Health Card, you will get it in a Week.

http://www.dh.gov.uk/en/Healthcare/Heal ... /index.htm

The Iris is the Coloured part of the eye!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Michael
groslard
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by groslard »

PaddyFrog wrote:
David & Kate wrote:how do I get the equivalent French E111 to cover me for medical when I am in Spain or the UK as my UK E111 expired in January this year.
You Don't get it from France, As you are under State Retirement Age the UK is responsible for you.
I don't want to start the debate that has exploded elsewhere, but if the OP is no longer resident in the UK, is the UK still responsible, given that entitlement to NHS treatment is based on residence?
groslard
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by groslard »

The only redference I can find to Iris is this Printer's site!
http://membres.printresources.com/iris-impression/
PaddyFrog
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by PaddyFrog »

the Rights to affiliation with Cpam, even when you are retired Technically are by the Cotisation paid by the UK.

They overall are your health provider whilst different CPAM's may supply the EHC.
Ultimately unless you have worked here, France does not supply it, the responsibility should be the UK.

But as we all know one Fonctionnaire will interpret it different to the other person sitting in the next office
Michael
Santiago
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Santiago »

Sorry to hear about your plague.
Are you not registered with one of the social security systems for the B&B? That would cover you and may be cheaper than getting a private insurance as it will be based on your income.

As far as I see it we have 4 choices if we are under retirement age:

1) Register as a business/employee and pay subsrciptions
2) Exist on the 2 year window and then get an insurance policy to cover the lot
3) Pretend you live in the UK and continue to process your claims through E111
4) Just go private and pay cash for everything

PF knows more about this stuff than me so please correct me if I'm wrong.
David G
Rank 0
Rank 0

carte vitale

Post by David G »

thanks for input. problem is the B&B has not taken off like we hoped/thought it would and the income generated is not even taxable! so its not worth payable the social security on the business cos we dont earn enough to pay them. i phoned the english speaking helpline and she said cos my E111 had expired on 31 jan that was why the carte vitale was withdrawn and she was sending me a form to complete. so will let you know what the form is and she said the carte vitale would be reinstated. I am not so sure. will keep everyone posted.
St Laurent de Cerdans(Home)/Warrington UK.