Worrying news

Health questions, information, advice, French health system, mutuels....

Moderator: Moderators

russell
Rank 5
Rank 5

Worrying news

Post by russell »

martyn94
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by martyn94 »

Just the usual SNAFU, for the moment, I think, and the sort of free-lancing that remote provincial corners of the French public services seem to be notorious for. I don’t see why the French would want to deny health-care that the UK already pays for, as I understand it.

But no doubt it would need some paperwork to patch it up. So much to do: so little time. I thank my stars that I am no longer a civil servant. There must be a lot of people working a lot of unpaid overtime. Which I never minded much so long as I thought we were achieving something.

But there is also also a lot of posturing and brinkmanship going on. Nothing is over until the fat lady sings. I used to work with M Juncker on an EU working party decades ago when the world was young: I wouldn’t trust him as far I could throw him, but he knows how to make deals.
jethro
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by jethro »

David Davies, before withdrawing himself from a post way beyond his modest abilities, had this to say:

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... pensioners
an' the wun' cried Mary.
russell
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by russell »

Unfortunately Jethro, that only applies in the case of an overall agreement being reached. If there is a "no deal Brexit" then all bets are off, although one can hope that something similar would be put in place some time later.

Russell