Nurse required

Health questions, information, advice, French health system, mutuels....

Moderator: Moderators

molliesassy
Rank 3
Rank 3

Nurse required

Post by molliesassy »

Having got an abcess sorted out here in Ireland I am back to good health but still in need of regular dressings. My other half booked us flights back out to France next week but my nurse here tells me I will need to organise someone to do dressings or I wont be able to go :(
Are there any nurses on here willing to do dressings - hopefully only every 2nd day - I can bring all the neccesary supplies. It only takes my nurse 5 minutes to do so it's nothing major, just needs someone with experience.
Thanks in advance...
"click, click"
martyn94
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by martyn94 »

Why not just use a regular French professional nurse? They exist as independent practitioners anywhere there are potential clients and will do routine dressings perfectly well. Google ("infirmier" plus your location) is your friend, as always.
Kate
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kate »

Yes, just look in pages jaunes under 'infirmières, corneilla'
Here's a link http://www.pagesjaunes.fr/recherche/cor ... nfirmieres

Just ring any one of them and they will come out to you (for a fee but its not too expensive I think and they will probably appreciate a bit of cash as most stuff is done through the carte vitale and they get paid after).

If you're uncomfortable about your French, jsut say

J'ai besoin d'une infirmière à domicile (chay buzz wan dune an fear mee air ah dommy seal), give the address and hope they can give you a time that you can understand.

Lentement s'il vous plait (lon tuh mon seal voo play) to ask them to speak
more slowly.

Good luck.

(and do excuse me if this sounds condescending. I'm assuming that you want someone English because you're worried about your french but of course that might not be the case.
Florence
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Florence »

You might need a prescription for a domicillary nurse from your GP. It's re-imbursable if you've got a carte vitale.
martyn94
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by martyn94 »

Florence wrote:You might need a prescription for a domicillary nurse from your GP. It's re-imbursable if you've got a carte vitale.
On very limited experience (having stitches taken out), I doubt that you need a prescription to use their services, if the services that you need are sufficiently obvious, though you might need one to get re-imbursed, if that is a major consideration. But no doubt it would do no harm.
molliesassy
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by molliesassy »

Thank you so much for your help, especially to Kate for posting the link and the translations :)
I hope to contact someone today - fingers crossed they can understand me!
"click, click"
martyn94
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by martyn94 »

[quote="molliesassy"]Thank you so much for your help, especially to Kate for posting the link and the translations :)
I hope to contact someone today - fingers crossed they can understand me![/quote

Good luck, though I guess you know by now. I can't resist saying that I feel renewed affection for my home now I have learnt to think of it as a "dommy seal".
molliesassy
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by molliesassy »

Had no problem organising someone :D
I must say having dealt with a doctor, a&e and now a nurse in the last few weeks in France I am very impressed with my dealings with the health system over there! Much more efficient than here in Ireland.
"click, click"