Form S1

Health questions, information, advice, French health system, mutuels....

Moderator: Moderators

Sue
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Sue »

You will not be given a form S1 by the DWP until you reach UK retirement age and in receipt of a state pension. If and when Brexit happens it is highly unlikely you will ever get one.
Dylan
tia
Rank 5
Rank 5

Re: Updated Question on the S1

Post by tia »

JIB729 wrote:I have just completed the majority of the paperwork asked for by CPAM and now they have come back asking for the S1 form. I am 62 and still working (overseas) The S1 form seems to be for a stateless person born before 1983 and nothing to do with Health. Can anyone tell me, Do I have the correct form? Cheers John
How can you be stateless? You must be a declared resident in France to beable to get a CV . If you declare your taxes here and have household bills proving you live here then normally you should be entitled to healthcare. If you earn over a certain amount then you may be obliged to pay for your healthcare through social charges which are usually calculated when you do your taxes. Sounds simple but as with all French administration it can take a few months and a load of paperwork to sort out.
Allan
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Allan »

martyn94
Rank 5
Rank 5

Re: Updated Question on the S1

Post by martyn94 »

JIB729 wrote:I have just completed the majority of the paperwork asked for by CPAM and now they have come back asking for the S1 form. I am 62 and still working (overseas) The S1 form seems to be for a stateless person born before 1983 and nothing to do with Health. Can anyone tell me, Do I have the correct form? Cheers John
I think that every bureaucracy in the world must have a form called "S1". It's a question of scratching around on google until you find the one that's relevant to you. At first blush, you are not eligible for one from the U.K. until you hit 65, and possibly not even then, depending on how long you worked there. As Sue has said.
martyn94
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by martyn94 »

Sue wrote:You will not be given a form S1 by the DWP until you reach UK retirement age and in receipt of a state pension. If and when Brexit happens it is highly unlikely you will ever get one.
Oh come on. The British lion is going to roar again, bigly, and the dagoes will be falling over themselves to cut us a great deal. But seriously, I'm not too pessimistic about the future of health coverage: an awful lot of us are Tory voters, and we will soon be able to vote in the U.K. for the rest of our lives.
jamesjohn
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by jamesjohn »

Hate to break the news to you Kate - me being just that little bit older than your hypothetical age!! - but retirement age for us is now 66.

There's been a growing amount of pressure on the government with claims that it is being unfair to women born in the early and mid 50's because of the speed at which the retirement age has gone up.
Now enjoy at your pc Live Cricket Streaming now set and get updated Ptv Sports Biss Key for every day to enjoy live cricket.