Physiotherapist / Kine - Maureillas, English-speaking

Health questions, information, advice, French health system, mutuels....

Moderator: Moderators

Flaubert
Rank 0
Rank 0

Physiotherapist / Kine - Maureillas, English-speaking

Post by Flaubert »

Hello All,

I'm looking for an English-speaking physiotherapist as near to Maureillas as possible. I have a prescription for several sessions following an ankle break.

All help gratefully received !

Thanks,

Flaubert
Kate
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kate »

There used to be an English kiné in Maureillas here

3 rue des chataigniers
66480 Maureillas-las-illas

Have a feeling that he might no longer be working but the 'cabinet' is still open and his 'associé' Gérald Frère is Belgian, but I believe speaks some English. Bon courage
Flaubert
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Flaubert »

Thanks Kate - I'll give him a try.

Cheers,

Duncan
Daphne
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Daphne »

Sorry to hear about your ankle, I broke my left ankle twice in 2 years. On both occasions the kiné had to come to the house after the plaster came off to treat me before they would allow me to go to their surgery. Last time the recovery was very long and I have a brilliant kiné, but unfortunately doesn't practise near you and doesn't speak English. Make sure you get proper kiné care as I blame my second fracture on the fact I didn't have enough care and exercise first time around (different kiné I must add)!
Flaubert
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Flaubert »

That's awful, Daphne. I've read that poor kiné increases the chances of a repeat injury quite sharply, so I am extremely keen to avoid this - especially after my treatment so far at a local clinic being very poor (almost neglect). I want a kiné to pull it out of the fire !

Flaubert