psychiatrist

Health questions, information, advice, French health system, mutuels....

Moderator: Moderators

kathyw
Rank 3
Rank 3

psychiatrist

Post by kathyw »

Does anybody know of an english speaking psychiatrist in the area
Kate
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kate »

I know it's not quite the same thing, but there's an English speaking psychologists here who might be able to point you in the right direction. Bon courage.
http://www.anglophone-direct.com/-Doctors-dentists-
lonesome paddy
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by lonesome paddy »

I believe there is one in Le Barcares almost facing the pharmacy in the village.
kathyw
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by kathyw »

Thanks I will pass the info on
ConnieKeefe

Post by ConnieKeefe »

A couple of years ago an Irish guy working in the Barcares market told me to drink a couple of cans of Guinness each week and after a while the Mozzies dont bite. It has worked for me and the other half as she was a martyr to Mozzie bites. Ive passed this tip onto neighbours etc and they say it has worked for them as well

Last edited by ConnieKeefe on Mon 22 Dec 2014 06:11, edited 1 time in total.
lonesome paddy
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by lonesome paddy »

ConnieKeefe wrote:A couple of years ago an Irish guy working in the Barcares market told me to drink a couple of cans of Guinness each week and after a while the Mozzies dont bite. It has worked for me and the other half as she was a martyr to Mozzie bites. Ive passed this tip onto neighbours etc and they say it has worked for them as well
Thats the guy that told me about it Guinness for "medicinal purposes". Myself and the better half start taking 2 or 3 small cans each week about March and over the last 5/6 years we've never got a Mozzie bite
Kate
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kate »

Not quite sure how the mozzies buzzed sneakily into this thread, but that's an interesting tip for the future. Smearing yourself with marmite is another good repellant. :lol:
malcolmcooper
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by malcolmcooper »

Drunk on Guinness, smothered in Marmite, lying in the gutter. Just another Friday night in Laroque......but bite free!

Weird tangent.
Malcolm Cooper

I may disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.