Reiki -believe it or not

Health questions, information, advice, French health system, mutuels....

Moderator: Moderators

Kate
Administrator
Administrator

Reiki -believe it or not

Post by Kate »

For someone who considers herself open minded, I am actually a bit of an oaf on any path that takes me off the main road of traditional medecine, as this as how I was brought up, to view any kind of lotions and potions, hand laying on, hypnosis, berries, beans and bubbling cauldons, as hocus pocus. My failure to open up, and possibly my loss.

Anyway, yesterday I went to a Reiki session with english speaking Claudine, who has a little salon on the old Argeles village - Collioure road.

Whilst I admit that I wasnt totally convinced with the first part, in which I picked a card and had my yin and yang explained, the actual treatment itself was a delight. Conforting, relaxing and I could definitely feel the warmth, described by her as energy, seeping into my poor aching old bones. Will definitely do it again and thoroughly recommend it to others. Am I a convert? Hmmmm. think I still have a few leaks in my cynicism which need plugging... but a very relaxing afternoon, and a great present for the partner or friend if he or she has been a bit grumpy or off colour recently.
Claudine charges 50 euros per session, which can take anything up to three hours. Well worth treating yourself.
PS This was not an ad, just my personal opinion.

HERE is the ad :lol: (copied from main site)

English speaking Reiki practitioner - email
Phone: 06 31 97 64 79
Reiki (pronounced Ray Key) is a combination of two Japanese words rei and ki meaning universal life energy. Reiki is an ancient laying-on of hands healing technique that uses the life force energy to heal by balancing the subtle energies within our bodies.
Reiki addresses physical, emotional, mental and spiritual imbalances by treating the mind, body and soul.
Reiki can help provide relief for a wide variety of physical and mental ailements including either independantly or used in conjuction with traditional medicines. All sessions are based on your individual needs and requirements and are strictly confidential.
Stress
IBS
Digestive disorders
Neck and back ache
Migraines
Tension
Sleeping desorders & fatigue
Childhood behavoir and general well being
Home visits are also avialable.
To find out more or to book a consulation in English please call:
Claudine on: 06 31 97 64 79

33 Route de Collioure
66750 Argelès sur mer
russell
Rank 5
Rank 5

Re: Reiki -believe it or not

Post by russell »

Kate wrote:For someone who considers herself open minded,
Keeping your mind open is like keeping a window open. You get a bit of fresh air. However if it's too far open you get a load of rubbish blown in. :)

Enjoy it but don't believe all the gobbledygook.

Russell.
martyn94
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by martyn94 »

Of course it is nice to have someone's undivided attention for an extended period. But at €50 a pop, I will stick to meditation: you get your own attention, for nothing.