Dave Mulkeen has left us

Health questions, information, advice, French health system, mutuels....

Moderator: Moderators

Admin
Administrator
Administrator

Dave Mulkeen has left us

Post by Admin »

Dave Mulkeen, gentle, sweet man from Taurinya died yesterday in Perpignan hospital.
Love and thoughts go to Sandy, Pete and the many people who knew and whose lives were touched by this lovely man.
Last edited by Admin on Tue 25 Jun 2013 15:14, edited 1 time in total.
sue and paul
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by sue and paul »

That's very sad news. Our heartfelt condolences go out to Sandy and family
Sav
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Sav »

Our condolences to Sandy, Pete & family.
A good man has left us today, but he will not be forgotten.
RIP Dave, no more pain now.

Sav & Mandi x
Sue
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Sue »

Such sad news. No more pain Dave. Stay strong Sandy and family we are all thinking of you.xx
Dylan
Pete F
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Pete F »

Thanks all. I shall miss my old mate whom I first met more than 45 years ago, I realise. The funeral is now arranged for Friday 28th, 11:30 at Perpignan Crematorium (that's the one near the airport, not at Canet). Sandy would love to see as many of you as can make it. Pete.
opas
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by opas »

God bless

Is there to be donations to a farored charity?

Hope to clear my diary for Friday.
-----------------------------------------------
Debeneur.
property management, changeovers, garden maintenance, no job too small. Highchair, travelcot, pram hire.
Pete F
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Pete F »

opas wrote:
Is there to be donations to a farored charity?.
Not yet sorted, but probably cancer research... We'll let you know.

Hope to see you there.

Pete
Robert Ferrieux
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Robert Ferrieux »

So sorry to hear this. In every family there seems to be a case of this terrible illness.
RIP Dave, and condolences to his family.

Helen.
Santiago
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Santiago »

I've given my regards to Sandy but I forgot that Pete would be almost as lost without Dave. I have a meeting on Friday morning but I'll try to join you. If I don't, it doesn't mean I'm not thinking about the two of you and my memories of Dave.
Domaine Treloar - Vineyard and Winery - www.domainetreloar.com - 04 68 95 02 29
Marguerite & Steve
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Marguerite & Steve »

Our deepest condolences to you Sandy, We never actually met Dave in person but by correspondence, Internet etc I could tell he was a very warm hearted man and will be sadly missed by many. Take care and have comfort that he is no longer suffering. All our love Marguerite & Steve x
Laugh when you can, apologize when you should, and let go of what you can't change.
Life's too short to be anything... but happy.
Sandy M
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Sandy M »

Thank you all so very much for your beautiful messages. I simply cannot imagine my life without Dave (half of me has gone) but I will be staying here in Taurinya which he loved so much and where we have been made part of the magical family that is this village. It is too early to make longterm decisions, so there will be no hasty reactions.
The cremation at Perpignan on Friday morning (that's the one near the airport) is actually at 11.30 am but the funeral directors want everyone there in good time, so it says 11am in The Indépéndant today.
You are all invited back at 1.30pm to our house overlooking the Canigou in Taurinya for a few drinks and little buffet in celebration of this kind, caring man who was loved by everyone he met, but never could quite bring himself to believe me when I told him that repeatedly down the years. We will be playing some of his favourite music at the crem (he was a rock engineer for the BBC!) and there will be two tributes.
I do hope some of you can be there with me, even if you never had the pleasure of meeting this gentle spirit.
And, if you are able to join us, it's bright colours and informal. This is a desperately sad occasion but not a sombre one.

There will be a little posy of flowers from our garden from me and some stems of roses for friends who would like to place one on the coffin as we enter. If you'd like to make a donation, then please choose a cancer charity of your choice, as Pete has already mentioned. Or indeed, a charity against cruelty to animals.
There will be a full-flown celebration of Dave's life at a later date as Dave would have been 70 on 10th October.
If you are able to join us, it's bright colours and informal. This is a desperately sad occasion but not a sombre one.