HEALTH CARE FOR EARLY RETIREES

Health questions, information, advice, French health system, mutuels....

Moderator: Moderators

Anniseed
Rank 2
Rank 2

HEALTH CARE FOR EARLY RETIREES

Post by Anniseed »

Wondering if anyone has any further information about this. The article I posted on the previous link doesn't seem to work.

Thanks

http://www.connexionfrance.com/early-re ... ticle.html
Kate
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kate »

As far as I know, the situation continues to be 'on-going' in that these new guidelines have been on the bonne voie to being implemented for over a year as the previous situation did not conform with the EU
http://www.anglophone-direct.com/New-article,2160

All we can do is wait and see if they manage it this year! :roll: :lol:
Anniseed
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Anniseed »

Thanks for the reply, hope its resolved as we only have a year left of cover. :bomb:
tia
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by tia »

Hi, I have always wondered what happens if you are on holiday here and you end up in hospital, do you have to pay for everything and then get it back when you go home? Is it the same as for people living here where you only get so much back or do you get it paid 100 % back ( as health care is free in england). sorry for hijacking the thread but was in hospital recently and there was an english lady next door and it got me wondering how the system worked .
HH

Post by HH »

Tia,
If you have a European Health Card ( Ex E101), you get treated exactly the same as any Local ( French in France, Spanish in Spain, German in Germany etc, you get back whatever they get back) If you do not have your EHIC, you pay the full price, and will have to give a cheque covering the basic services before you start or proof of Health Insurance. Health cover is not free in the UK, you pay via your NI contributions.
tia
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by tia »

ok, wasn't sure how it worked to be honest as when we moved back we just got our secu numbers back and worked from day one so didn't have to think about it. Just started wondering as sometimes my parents( pensioners) come over and I'm not sure they get any forms to be covered here just in case anything happens. will have to check with them as I know hospital fees can be quite hefty, thanks