Specs on the internet

Health questions, information, advice, French health system, mutuels....

Moderator: Moderators

montgolfiere
Rank 5
Rank 5

Specs on the internet

Post by montgolfiere »

Has anyone any reccomendation for have Specs made/supplied on the internet....the prices here are just so expensive...
Thanks
The Skyman
opas
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by opas »

For my prescription it is impossible to buy over the internet, but my daughter wears glasses and had just had her eyes tested. She wanted a complete change of style and they would have set me back about 60 euros for the frame in the shops here. off her own bat she did an internet search and found just the pair she wanted.

The complete bill was 23 euros including postage. they took about 2 weeks to arrive, they are just what she wanted and no complaints from me either!

specky4eyes

there is a full explanation on how to do the measurements.
-----------------------------------------------
Debeneur.
property management, changeovers, garden maintenance, no job too small. Highchair, travelcot, pram hire.
kathyw
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by kathyw »

I have recently bought some new glasses. I went to a new Opticians called Generale d'Optique.
I got 2 pairs for 99 euro. This includes frames and lenses. Also the 2nd pair I got was prescription sunglasses
Their slogan is "la fin des lunettes cheres"
I found them very helpful and they only took a week to make
Sue
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Sue »

On the same theme has anybody had a really good eye test here. 4 years ago I had mine tested in Argeles and was in and out in literally 5 or 10 mins whereas 2 years ago I had them done at Vision Express in England and had a thorough test of about 30 mins. It also bugs me that you have to go to one place for the test and another for the glasses. Is there anywhere that does it all under one roof with a thorough test?
Dylan
opas
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by opas »

I too would be interested to know the answer to that one, I have only once had an eye test here and was thoroughly dissapointed, I have been paying for private tests for myself and the girls in theUK ever since, but alas that will not be happening for us in the future.

A good full eye exam is a must, not just to see if I can read a number plate and then scrutinise a bottle of wine :wink:
-----------------------------------------------
Debeneur.
property management, changeovers, garden maintenance, no job too small. Highchair, travelcot, pram hire.
Sue
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Sue »

I must admit that my test was free in the UK as I had just become an OAP. They werent meant to do it for some one living outside the UK (or so they said) but they did. I couldnt recommend the turban wearing gentleman at Vision Express, Kidderminster high enough for his pleasantness and efficiency. Very nice man. Wish I could find someone similar here. All other medical things here seem to exceed the UK but optical is a let down.
Dylan
mammadee
Rank 2
Rank 2

internet glasses

Post by mammadee »

Ii recently bought a pair of very stylish specs from Goggles 4 U. They have hundreds of frames from £4.95. Lenses vary in price depending on prescription
russell
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by russell »

Sue wrote:On the same theme has anybody had a really good eye test here?
I get my sight tested by Dr. Bove at 8 espace Mediterranee, Perps. Very thorough. Initial test by a technician followed by examination by the ophtalmologie.

Russell.
Sue
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Sue »

Thanks Russell. Was a prescription needed and what was the waiting time for an appointment
Dylan
russell
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by russell »

No prescription needed. I seem to remember I had to pay and then get reimbursed the first time but on subsequent visits it was automatic (tiers payent?). Waiting time was quite long the last time, about a month.

Russell.
Sue
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Sue »

After the write up on the purchase of glasses on the internet I decided to give it a go. My lenses were fine but the frames had never fitted well. I sent in my order with prescription details and correct arm length to a firm called ExclusiveEyes on the 3rd March. Total cost including postage was £21. They arrived yesterday and are perfect in all respects. One satisfied customer.
Dylan
montgolfiere
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by montgolfiere »

i went with 'best4glasses' and the price was good, they fitted and the lenses were correct.
the skyman