health insurance

Health questions, information, advice, French health system, mutuels....

Moderator: Moderators

CarolineN
Rank 3
Rank 3

health insurance

Post by CarolineN »

Hi

Does anyone know of a health insurance company which will cover existing conditions.

Thanks if you can help

:)
Kate
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kate »

Hi Caroline
I have just spent some time with Regine of Allianz Céret, questioning her about insurance. I have written it up and it will be published in the next PO Life, but the relevant bit for you is

Importantly, unlike English health insurance policies, there is no medical questionnaire and you can take out a 'complémentaire santé' in all circumstances, even if you have a pre-existing condition, without it affecting your premium.

This was from Allianz in Céret, but I'm fairly sure that the same applies to all insurers.

Best of Luck
CarolineN
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by CarolineN »

Thank you Kate. My husband will be joining me soon and the insurance company I use dont cover for exisiting conditions. I look forward to reading your article.
:)
Sue
Rank 5
Rank 5

health Insurance

Post by Sue »

I have mine through Generali who didnt want to know about previous health issues and there was no loading of premiums.
Dylan
john
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by john »

By health insurance,do you mean a full private policy,or a complimentaire,Caroline ?

Like Sue,we have our comp with Generali,and there were "no questions asked",but,as Kate says,I gather that's pretty much the same with all insurers.

Back a few yrs ago when Sarko threatened to cut off CPAM membership to early retirees,I did start to look for private full policies,and the impression I got was that age/existing conditions were indeed a factor. But then of course,our esteemed President saw sense,and it was no longer necessary for us to proceed.
Kate
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kate »

I'm qutie surprised Caroline, as I thought that insurers here all covered pre existing conditions, no questions asked. My questions and article were actually about top up policies, so maybe if your husband is looking for a complete insurance policy....? On the other hand, new legislation this summer should mean that most Brits will qualify for the secu, whether retired or not.
http://www.anglophone-direct.com/French ... ement-2011