good dentist near Argeles

Health questions, information, advice, French health system, mutuels....

Moderator: Moderators

mand
Rank 4
Rank 4

good dentist near Argeles

Post by mand »

Can anyone recommend a good dentist not too far from Argeles if possible? If they speak English that would be good

Thanks
john
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by john »

I 've no personal experience of Dr Respalt in Laroque (list on link below) ,but I know several people who've been to see him and been satisfied.

Met him socially and he speaks excellent English.

http://www.anglophone-direct.com/-Doctors-dentists-
Kate
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kate »

Hi Mand
He has looked after our teeth for several years now and I would recommend him (as much as I would recommend any dentist - hate 'em all!!). Excellent English speaker as John says, and loves the Brits, so will chat to you in English as he drills away!!
About a ten min drive from Argeles I would say.
Bon courage!!
john
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by john »

Kate wrote:, so will chat to you in English as he drills away!!
Such a way with words,Kate.

You paint such a charming,idyllic picture.......
malcolmcooper
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by malcolmcooper »

Yep, great local dentist and a nice guy.

Personally if I need anything more that a clean and check up I take a cheap flight to Budapest and make a city break of it. World class English speaking dentist there saves me a fortune!!

http://www.perfectsmiledentists.com/
Malcolm Cooper

I may disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.
sue and paul
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by sue and paul »

....and, Malcolm, we have to say..."oooh, what luvverly teeth you've got" :lol:
mand
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by mand »

Thank you for the recommendations ..
malcolmcooper
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by malcolmcooper »

:oops: :oops: Blimey! it's not often I get a compliment like that.

I have to admit it's "manufactured". They needed big work back in 2004 and my excellent UK dentist quoted 10 to £12,000!!! I went to Tamas Balsai in Budapest and had the lot done for £3500, 1 implant, 2 bridges and 14 crowns. I still go back when I can for check ups and cleaning not least because it's a great city. I'm hoping to make my next trip in September (if I can sell enough beans).
Malcolm Cooper

I may disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.
john
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by john »

malcolmcooper wrote::oops: :oops: Blimey! it's not often I get a compliment like that.

I have to admit it's "manufactured". They needed big work back in 2004 and my excellent UK dentist quoted 10 to £12,000!!! I went to Tamas Balsai in Budapest and had the lot done for £3500, 1 implant, 2 bridges and 14 crowns. I still go back when I can for check ups and cleaning not least because it's a great city. I'm hoping to make my next trip in September (if I can sell enough beans).
Interesting,Malcolm. Do you have to make an appointment with these guys,or do you just roll up at Budapest Airport ?

I read a magazine article recently about the thousands of Germans who go to cheaper dentists more or less on spec in Poland . There was a wise crack about "Germans invading Poland 60 yrs later" and some such wit.

(....ohhh ,shall I remove the above in case someone accuses me of calling everyone a Nazi etc etc...?)
malcolmcooper
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by malcolmcooper »

:lol: No offence intended I'm sure.

Yes, an appointment is necessary. I'm in regular contact with the secretary, Andrea (we became good friends). She arranges everything including your appointment, flights, accommodation and your airport transfers as a complete package so you walk off the plane and everything is dealt with.

You're right about Germans going to Poland. In Hungary it's Austrians who drive over the border primarily for dentists and hairdressers. Just like we'd go to Spain for booze and fags.
Malcolm Cooper

john
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by john »

malcolmcooper wrote::You're right about Germans going to Poland. In Hungary it's Austrians who drive over the border primarily for dentists and hairdressers. Just like we'd go to Spain for booze and fags.
Thanks for the info. It sounds a well organised package.

On balance if it's a choice between regular shopping for meat and booze in Figueres or sitting in a dentist's chair in Budapest or Krakow, I know which I'll be sticking with,but I get your drift.......
Sue
Rank 5
Rank 5

dentist

Post by Sue »

Friends of ours in Oz go to Thailand for their dentistry!

Mandy I go to the Dentist in Argeles just behind Coopers and almost next to the Blue Elephant car wash. No english (or very little) spoken but I find them good and reasonable as far as dentists go!
Dylan
sue and paul
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by sue and paul »

I think that's the same one we use, Sue. Dr Vilarem there speaks a bit of English...though when he said " open wide" once, I thought he said "bite together" . "Ouch! Aïeeeee! " is pretty much universal!!! :mrgreen:
Dimetrodon
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Dimetrodon »

Malcolm, I just checked out the link. It looks like a really good service. I like the idea of everything being taken care of.
I have several problem teeth and most likely need some dentures, couple that with the fact that we have been thinking of visiting Budapest and it makes sense to go down that route.

Just sent of my details to them.
Its one thing getting there, its another getting back.
www.powerblogtactics.com
www.andy-beveridge.com
malcolmcooper
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by malcolmcooper »

I know you'll be well looked after.
Malcolm Cooper

Abel_4

Post by Abel_4 »

I think my recommendation would work for you. I have treated my teeth from dentist Redondo Beach. I was very satisfied with his services. His services are cheap and good. I am sure you will also appreciate his work after visiting him.
Sue
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Sue »

You pay my airfare and hotel package and I may well use him!
Dylan
Kate
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kate »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Do they do group rates? We could all go, and make a day of it, with a pair o teeth on the plane back.