My radio play

Fetes & Festivities in the Pyrénées-Orientales/What's on and where..

Moderator: Moderators

Peter Mills
Rank 0
Rank 0

My radio play

Post by Peter Mills »

Hi

If you're not doing anything Monday afternoon, my radio play Who Cares is the afternoon drama on BBC Radio 4. The BBC have made it drama of the week and it's also the Radio Times pick of the day. 2.15 or 3.15 our time. Please listen and if you like it bombard the Beeb with favourable commets so I can get another one. (Of course if you don't like it maybe keep that bit to yourself!!)

Very many thanks.

Peter Mills
Ariègeoise
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Ariègeoise »

I'll look forward to it, Peter. Interesting subject matter too :lol:
Kate
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kate »

That's brilliant Peter. You must be sooooo proud. Will definitely listen out for it.
Ariègeoise
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Ariègeoise »

I finally found the time last night to listen to the play and found it compelling right from the off. Very believable with good characterisation and dialogue - the social work manager especially was almost too real and made OH (who was a children's social worker in another life) cringe! I had an inkling of how things might pan out from the middle of the play onwards, but that didn't make it any the less interesting. The subject of power between client and social worker (or doctor, or therapist, or ...) is a fascinating one, often addressed only in screaming headlines in the worst kind of newspaper, so it was good to see it looked at in a wholly other way.

It's available on BBC radio player until next Monday and I'd say it's well worth 45 minutes of anybody's time! Looking forward to the next one, Peter :lol:
tubs
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by tubs »

I listened in too. I thought it was extremely good. Definitely worth catching up with on Iplayer
sue and paul
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by sue and paul »

Thoroughly enjoyed your play too, Peter, on iPlayer. Hope you have more accepted for broadcast. Let us know when you do