Television Program about an Older man in the Dolomites

Fetes & Festivities in the Pyrénées-Orientales/What's on and where..

Moderator: Moderators

blackduff
Rank 5
Rank 5

Television Program about an Older man in the Dolomites

Post by blackduff »

This program was a man, about 55/65 years old and he's been many places when he was earlier. Now, he agreed to go into the Dolomites with another man, which means dropping from a helicopteer above the mountain. Next he had to find his way down to the bottom of the valley but this meant going under a wild waterfall and then find his way lower in the valley. I only saw the beginning of the program but I want to try to find this again.

Does anyone know the guy's name or what program this was called. I think it was a BBC program and it was something about this man did another time, in his age. This was about two weeks back on the TV.

Any help????

Blackduff
FACEBOOK THOUGHTS: Remember that old phrase: if you're not paying for it, you're not the customer; you're the product being sold.
Allan
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Allan »

Are you thinking of Bear Grylls Wild Weekend That's full of Dolomites, Helicopters and Waterfalls.

It is on 4seven tonight at 9pm

It is also on YouTube and Channel 4 on demand

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jw7xXQFHU5o
Helen
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Helen »

Were you watching on Channel 4 on Christmas Day?

The programme broadcast then was Bear’s Wild Weekend with Stephen Fry. Bear Grylls took Stephen Fry to the Italian Dolomites. There were various challenges, including the descent of a 500ft waterfall.

Allan's right - it's on 4seven tonight at 9. It's also still available on 4OD

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/bear ... ekends/4od
blackduff
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by blackduff »

Thanks Allan and Helen, for the information. I might have missed today's but I might find the 4OD. I think that this is also named as "more4"?

I can get more information. It sounded really great but I really hate heights, even in a film.

Blackduff
FACEBOOK THOUGHTS: Remember that old phrase: if you're not paying for it, you're not the customer; you're the product being sold.