British Christmas Market -

Fetes & Festivities in the Pyrénées-Orientales/What's on and where..

Moderator: Moderators

Santiago
Rank 5
Rank 5

British Christmas Market -

Post by Santiago »

Fifth (I think) Christmas Market in Saint Jean Pla des Corts.

Lots of British Christmas treats - food, cards, crackers, drinks, presents ...

Always draws a great crowd.

Domaine Treloar - Vineyard and Winery - www.domainetreloar.com - 04 68 95 02 29
sue and paul
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by sue and paul »

It's on our calendar
sue and paul
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by sue and paul »

Have been to the Christmas Market. Loads of interesting Christmassy stuff, food, gifts, crackers, cards, refreshments. And the Sausage Man
Sue
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Sue »

We were going but I'm not driving in this wind!
Dylan
blackduff
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by blackduff »

Sue
You're missing this years Fayre. I bought sausages and sausage rolls, and tomato chutney. Oh, I think there was two or three mulled wine with mince pies. Ooops, I forgot I tried the annual Christmas baguette with turkey and cranberry sauce, with a coke. Not bad for 1 1/2 hours of shopping.

You still have time and the parking isn't bad.

Blackduff
FACEBOOK THOUGHTS: Remember that old phrase: if you're not paying for it, you're not the customer; you're the product being sold.
Sue
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Sue »

This will be the first we have missed Blackduff. I drive a Citroen Xsara Picasso and being a high car it does get buffeted in this wind. I am having sausages when Tim comes back in December.
Dylan
Lanark Lass
Rank 4
Rank 4

Christmas Fair

Post by Lanark Lass »

Wish we were there!

Unfortunately sitting at home in Northampton waiting to hear when mum is getting out of hospital after her fall (nothing broken fortunately). Quite mild here and no wind.

Bob will be over for a week next month. We all hope to come over in January for a few weeks.
sue and paul
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by sue and paul »

Hope mum soon out of hospital and with no ill-effects, LL.
Lanark Lass
Rank 4
Rank 4

Christmas

Post by Lanark Lass »

Thanks for that, Sue and Paul.

Hope you enjoy your sausages!

L
Pearsonb
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Pearsonb »

To be honest, I was expecting this to be a bit naff. However, I thought it was excellent. Well worth going to next year.
Santiago
Rank 5
Rank 5

Thank you -

Post by Santiago »

THANK YOU for your kind words Pearsonb - it is Penny Parkinson from Cancer Support France, Pascale Jacquot (FAB Networks President) and myself, Rachel Treloar (FAB Networks Treasurer & Santiago's wife) who voluntarily organise the British Xmas Market with the Mairie's assistant of St Jean Pla de Cort.

Yesterday was another successful fair and we will be holding it again next year.

FAB Networks is a network for English speaking people in business in the 66 region.
Domaine Treloar - Vineyard and Winery - www.domainetreloar.com - 04 68 95 02 29
Robert Ferrieux
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Robert Ferrieux »

We were very pleased with the Xmas Fayre yesterday. Bought some Christmas goodies, mincemeat, cakes, wine etc. odds & ends from the very devoted animal charity lady, books from the equally devoted CSF lady, were intrigued by the very creative "nappy cakes" made by a lovely S.African young woman, met some old friends and introduced our French companion to mince pies. ("interesting" was her verdict..)
A big thank you to the organisers.
H & R
blackduff
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by blackduff »

Probably it's too late but next year could we make a list of the people selling their goodies that day.

I know the couple which sold sausage rolls and chutney but I don't really know their names. Nigel is the husband and he's photographer and he lives in Sorede but many of us like the products they had. Being able to find them somewhere in the PO Life maybe.

Maybe some of the receipts at the fayre, a bit could be paid to the PO Life people for getting some group adverts after the fayre. Ten percent of the table cost could be paid for a nice advert of the vendors each Xmas Fayre.

It's just a thought but maybe it's worth wondering it's possible. In the meantime, I'll have to find where Nigel's wife sells her pastries on the local market weekly.

Blackduff
FACEBOOK THOUGHTS: Remember that old phrase: if you're not paying for it, you're not the customer; you're the product being sold.