banyuls wine festival

Fetes & Festivities in the Pyrénées-Orientales/What's on and where..

Moderator: Moderators

mand
Rank 4
Rank 4

banyuls wine festival

Post by mand »

I know it's only July but trying to do a bit of forward planning for our visitors

The bbq's on the beach does anyone know if there is a communal table normally?

rather than have a table for 6 people and have to drive to transport our food and drink, what we would prefer is a communal table where you reserve your place and pay for your meal.

Thanks
Sue
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Sue »

I know this is last years but it may be helpful.

http://www.anglophone-direct.com/Octobe ... ls-sur-Mer
Dylan
mand
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by mand »

Thanks Sue, I saw that earlier but it only relates to booking your own table and either taking your own food or ordering from restaurants.

I know at other events I have seen communal bbq's and you pay so much per head to join them...that's what I'm looking for, perhaps this doesn't happen at the wine festival

thanks again
Merisin
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Merisin »

Speaking from memory you can do what ever you want. From full restaurant service down to bring your own DIY. Just turn up and enjoy. It's certainly quite something with an amazing atmosphere. Last year we spotted at least two groups of Brits with their own tables etc.

Mostly you park on the river bed. Getting to it from the sea front can be a pain. But there is an alternative if you don't mind driving a few hundred meters on an unmade road. Turn off towards the new Cave at the roundabout past Paulilles. Follow the track around and you'll come out above the Cellier des Templiers. Go down the hill back towards the centre, Cross the river bed over the steel bridge. Turn left along the river bank and the entrance is about 200m.

Mary S
zobirdie
Rank 1
Rank 1

Banyuls Wine fest!

Post by zobirdie »

Hi!

I was planning to go... I was wondering if anyone else was going...? Who might be interested in meeting up?

:)