Feria

Fetes & Festivities in the Pyrénées-Orientales/What's on and where..

Moderator: Moderators

Phipplebert

Feria

Post by Phipplebert »

Does anyone know what time the bulls run on Saturday? (Not the fight! Just the bulls in the street).
Robert Ferrieux
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Robert Ferrieux »

No! And if I did, I most certainly wouldn't tell you.

Helen
Phipplebert

Post by Phipplebert »

How pleasant!
Robert Ferrieux
Rank 5
Rank 5

Bull running? Bull fighting? Taunting and torturing animals? Not pleasant at all.

Helen
Kate
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kate »

Helen, Celine is an animal lover and would never harm or wish to see harm to animals. Sometimes, it is better to gently explain a reason for an opinion rather than shoot out a sarcastic or dry reply which can wound when you don't know the person behind.

I know you're a very special lady. Celine doesn't.

We sometimes forget how sharp posts can sound without the facial expression behind them.
Sue
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Sue »

I went to the bull running at Ceret once, in fact the first year we arrived, but never again. There were a lot of young lads (and some not so young) drinking, drinking, drinking, obviously in their eyes to get the testosterone going, then they ran with the bulls. One bull was brought down right in front of me and the look of fear in his eyes was awful. I walked away in tears never to return. The horse riders were very skillful with their bare back riding. At the end of the day its everyone to their own but its certainly not for me.
Dylan
blackduff
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by blackduff »

I think that anybody which wants to visit a corrida, listen this song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m1ET6SEtwbc

This is from Francis Cabrell and he's / was the mayor of Agen.

Celine he can give you some words worth listening.

Blackduff
FACEBOOK THOUGHTS: Remember that old phrase: if you're not paying for it, you're not the customer; you're the product being sold.
Phipplebert

Post by Phipplebert »

Thank you Kate.

In all honesty I'm not one to judge others decisions, so forcefully to a person whom i do not know; like a couple of these comments. No one has any idea why I want to go or much about me. So I'll give a call to the tourist office, I know what to expect. I am sure some of my lifestyle choices wouldn't suit others but theirs wouldn't suit me.
in my opinion it doesn't make me a non animal lover, there are varying degrees of everything and various reasons one chooses to do things.
It doesn't need to be a debate as to the rights and wrongs, pros and cons, fors and againsts; that never works on a forum, it inevitably leaves people with the same opinion they started with but upset at the tone of others. I was purely asking a question for advice.
Admin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Admin »

Can't say fairer than that! (said with a Yorkshire accent! :lol: )
Robert Ferrieux
Rank 5
Rank 5

Feria

OK, Kate. Justly reprimanded. However I suggest Celine take a look on Google at the FLAC: Fédération des Luttes pour l'Abolition des Corridas.. I hope it'll discourage anyone from attending or photographing Hemingway's unhealthy passion.

Helen
Admin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Admin »

Sorry, didn't mean to reprimand. :oops: I know how passionately you feel about this, as do many others, myself included.

Just know from experience that the forum is not the right platform for this kind of discussion as it always turns unpleasant, given that people have such strong opinions, can't actually see or hear each other, don't know each other......

This is just a small local forum to share advice, recommendation etc about the PO. I'm just not big or clever enough to manage and direct grand discussions on serious and emotive issues....and they do need directing or they degenerate into a match of one upmanship and insults.
Merisin
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Merisin »

I disagree fundamentally with the corrida and mis a mort. In whatever form.

Having said that I am quite happy with the Course Camarguaise and the fetes taurines in places like Baillargues. Great fun and no animals get harmed. Got to go to the Herault though to take part.

Mary
Robert Ferrieux
Rank 5
Rank 5

Kate, a picture says a thousand words....
:oops: :(

Helen