22nd March POLife meeting

Fetes & Festivities in the Pyrénées-Orientales/What's on and where..

Moderator: Moderators

nickiwynne
Rank 3
Rank 3

22nd March POLife meeting

Post by nickiwynne »

Hello Kate,

Not sure this is the correct section to be posting this but had some trouble trying to contact you via the article you put on the main site.....

I am afraid I shan't be able to make the meeting on 22nd March as we won't be over till 30th for a week over Easter.

But I wanted to say a big 'thank you' for all the articles etc which have appeared both on the website and in the magazine over the last 10 years that I have been connected to the PO66.

We have learned so much about the region, about how to solve problems associated with long distance home ownership and also about other people who share our love of France and in particular PO66. Through them we spend more than our few weeks each year in Amelie as we follow their trials, tribulations and successes on the forum.

I check the site at least once a day, have made a very few contributions (mainly asking for help!) and have been rewarded with useful advice on many occasions.

I know you and your team work very hard to keep the website up to date and the magazine published regularly. It is very much appreciated.

Thank you,

Nicki
Kate
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kate »

Thanks Nicki, I really appreciate that. You have made my weekend (which was already going pretty well)

P-O Life will continue as before but I feel that it needs more of a community team behind it as i feel myself becoming rather stale, looking for different ways of writing the same thing in certain areas, losing some of the sparkle.

There are so many people with so many experiences, good, bad, sad, useful, funny that it would be great to share a few.
For me, POL has never been about great or stylish writing, as I am neither a great or stylish writer... it's always been about getting to the end of an article and thinking. " Flippin' 'eck. I didn't know that" and I don't ever want it to become something you pick up, flick through and chuck cos there's nothing new in it.
New blood should bring some exciting new ideas. Can't wait.

Anybody who would be interested in this but cant make the meeting, I would still love to hear from you. Wil get that link working Nicki. Think I need someone with a bit of IT skill too :lol:

info@anglophne-direct.com