New Member - A quick introduction

A place for new members to say a quick hello and introduce themselves.

Moderator: Moderators

BobC50
Rank 0
Rank 0

New Member - A quick introduction

Post by BobC50 »

Hi, my wife and I retired in August 2015 and we will be basing ourselves in Amelie Les Bains for the summers. We shall arrive at the apartment in early September and will be leaving again at the end of October until we return in May next year for 6 months.
We are quite keen on the outdoor life with a mixture of swimming, cycling, jogging, hiking and yoga which should take up a good part of our time.
We love the area and have been here dozens of times over the last 10 years or so.

Bob & Chris Cooley
Spending warm months in Amelie Les Bains and the cold months elsewhere in the world.
Helen
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Helen »

Hello from another intermittent inhabitant of Amelie les Bains and welcome to the forum.

Here's wishing you all the best for this next phase in your lives.
Kate
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kate »

My very best wishes too for all that is ahead. Lots of adventures just around the corner!
BobC50
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by BobC50 »

Thanks Helen & Kate. Just as a quick aside, we used the PO Magazine some years ago to go for a walk to Cabrens Abbey starting at Serralongue (I think it was called that) We got lost, it poured with rain which ruined the map and late in the afternoon I phoned for help and we were recovered by helicopter. I think in retirement I'll spend more time on the planning side of walks.
Spending warm months in Amelie Les Bains and the cold months elsewhere in the world.
Kate
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kate »

Ha ha. Now THAT sounds like an adventure. :lol:
BobC50
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by BobC50 »

Every day in France is an adventure for us, even little things like leaving the hire car in Ceret and taking the country walk back to Amelie. Then having to walk back to Ceret along the main road to search for the hire car, and I'd forgotten what the make and colour of it was. Aah the sweet memories.