pigs & newbie

A place for new members to say a quick hello and introduce themselves.

Moderator: Moderators

chaswick
Rank 0
Rank 0

pigs & newbie

Post by chaswick »

hello! I am new today! and my family and I are moving to France, Rouelle near Domfront, this summer, I will be asking for lots of advice!
however my first question relates to my pet pigs! does anyone have any experience with moving pigs from England to France ? ANY advice at all would be awesome, thanks in advance x
charlotte Griffith

:)
CPB
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by CPB »

Not on moving pigs from one to another but I do know you will need a cheptel number which is the equivalent of the UK holding number. Pig also needs a tattoo or tag. Same as the UK from my knowledge.
I would check with your UK vet as to what you may or may not need to cross the border with a pig, they should be able to look up if there are required vaccinations or health certificates. I would imagine the pig would need declaring at the border, so it would be good to make sure you have potential paperwork ready.
There is a good facebook page called 'small holders in france' and someone on there may be able to give you more idea as to what you require for the actual crossing of countries. There is also a website with a forum called 'pigs in france', although it is not exclusively about pigs, it may also have relevant info for you.
Good luck.
Lostweekend
Rank 1
Rank 1

This is what you need

Post by Lostweekend »

Pigsinfrance.com
chaswick
Rank 0
Rank 0

pigs & newbie

Post by chaswick »