A place for new members to say a quick hello and introduce themselves.

Moderator: Moderators

AuliaUnyil

Post by AuliaUnyil »

Aku anak Indonesia, sehat dan kuat.
Robert Ferrieux
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Robert Ferrieux »

Welcome to the area.
It is customary in Catalonia to kiss people (see Kiss Me,Kate). For example, when boarding a bus you kiss the driver 4 times after handing him your fare (or bus card), then shake hands with all the passengers who are seated, and kiss (two kisses) those who are standing. Fortunately normally there are very few standing passengers unless it's around 5p.m. when youngsters come out of school. It's considered acceptable to insist they remove their ear-phones before presenting their right (repeat RIGHT) cheek.

Helen
Zen
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Zen »

I suspect our new member is merely a child himself. The kitchen companies I think are all one but with multiple websites.
It seems to be a problem with most forums. Those posting are likely young people based in Asia , working for peanuts infiltrating as many worldwide forums as possible. If anyone clicks on the website it moves it up the 'google'ratings.
Not sure how it can be stopped and I know nothing about IT. I wonder however if you could stop the ability to add your website on registration. If you couldn't add it until later, maybe after the site was checked, there'd be no point in them joining. Just a thought.
Last edited by Zen on Fri 24 Jan 2014 16:33, edited 1 time in total.
Zen
Kate
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kate »

Thanks for the ideas Zen. Will certainly look into it, as these spam mails drive me maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad!