Respite for the Elderly

A place for new members to say a quick hello and introduce themselves.

Moderator: Moderators

zoe.lelyveld
Rank 0
Rank 0

Respite for the Elderly

Post by zoe.lelyveld »

Hello, I was hoping that someone would be able to give me some information regarding respite care for the elderly. My parents have recently moved to France and my poor mother needs a break from looking after my father. Does anyone know of any respite care homes near to Ortaffa/Elne. Any information will be welcome. Thanks
Zoé
Kate
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kate »

Hi Zoe. Are you in the French medical system? If so, (and even if not) you should contact ADMR (fairly sure there is one at St André or in that area) and they will offer you various options ie someone coming in for a couple of hours every day or night, or give you suggestions for respite care places. We had a thread about this not long ago as I was looking for help for a lady in Ceret, so when I get back, I'll see if I can find the thread and post it here. Best of luck

PS Here is a link to ADMR if your French is OK. It lists their services, many of which are covered by the Secu. http://old.admr.org/federations/service ... ede=fede66

Best of luck
blackduff
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by blackduff »

I've seen the ADMR people in both Sorede and St. Andre. In Sorede, I see a woman who visits an older woman. She (the ADMR) woman walks the dog most morning and do other things at that house.

I know a guy who is married to an English woman that works for the ADMR group. I haven't met him in quite some time but this means some English are available in the ADMR group.

Good luck.

Blackduff
FACEBOOK THOUGHTS: Remember that old phrase: if you're not paying for it, you're not the customer; you're the product being sold.